Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Favre the Welfare King faces no legal trouble, of course!
Brett Favre must return $828K in welfare funds to Mississippi or face civil lawsuit, state auditor says
Brett Favre must return $828K in welfare funds to Mississippi or face civil lawsuit, state auditor says (msn.com)

Favre isn't facing any criminal charges for his involvement, but if he doesn't repay the money within 30 days he will face a civil lawsuit, as will Favre Enterprises. White announced that Mississippi Department of Human Services former executive director John Davis isn't so lucky, as he is currently awaiting trial on embezzlement charges related to the scheme.
According to Mississippi Today's Anna Wolfe, Favre received a letter from the state auditor's office that said "illegal expenditures and unlawful dispositions were made when you knew or had reason to know through the exercise of reasonable diligence that the expenditures were illegal and/or the dispositions were unlawful."
The former Green Bay Packers quarterback accepted the funds for speaking engagements for Families First For Mississippi, which is one of the largest non-profit organizations involved in the scheme. However, Favre never spoke in front of the foundation.
Favre has maintained that he was unaware the funds were given illegally when he accepted them.
In May 2020, an auditor announced that Favre had returned some of the funds, which is why he owes $828,000 and not the original $1.1 million. Favre received $500,000 in December 2017 and $600,000 in June 2018.

Of course not. This pissed me off because people that needed assistance were denied because of him. 

Hell of a quarterback, doesn't seem to be that great of a person

Favre scam for over 1 million and we complain when some one who actually needs welfare uses it and buys something we deem expensive.  Also, Mississippi is literally the poorest State in the Country and uses more of our Federal funds, programs from our taxes then they put in.  Oh well,  Favre is the Mississippi icon, go figure!  We continue to side with rich people without a care of how they generated their wealth.  We assume all rich people are hard workers and poor people don't work.  

I will now jump down off my soapbox....aww I twisted my ankle Smile

Quote: @"minny65" said:
Favre scam for over 1 million and we complain when some one who actually needs welfare uses it and buys something we deem expensive.  Also, Mississippi is literally the poorest State in the Country and uses more of our Federal funds, programs from our taxes then they put in.  Oh well,  Favre is the Mississippi icon, go figure!  We continue to side with rich people without a care of how they generated their wealth.  We assume all rich people are hard workers and poor people don't work.  

I will now jump down off my soapbox....aww I twisted my ankle Smile

Mississippi needs a recount, at their own expense.  I would be willing to bet, bigly, that there are more election legal issues in southern red states, than blue states. 

Favre wasn't the only one in Mississippi that did this: it was so poorly managed by the state. Utter incompetency but that happens often with these money giveaways and welfare. 

Quote: @"Hawkvike25" said:
Hell of a quarterback, doesn't seem to be that great of a person
unless of course you like “Dick Pics”

Quote: @"StickyBun" said:
Favre wasn't the only one in Mississippi that did this: it was so poorly managed by the state. Utter incompetency but that happens often with these money giveaways and welfare. 
Picture of the accountant (prob stroke victim from pic)who will testify against others and reduce a potential 5 year sentence.   I will be very interested in any time she gets or others involved.  White collar crime seems to pay off in many cases.  

Accountant pleads guilty in Mississippi human services fraud 
[Image: McGrew+(1).jpeg]
Anne McGrew
Court records show 65-year-old Anne McGrew of Jackson pleaded guilty Monday and agreed to testify against others indicted in the case.
Posted: Oct 12, 2021 1:53 PMPosted By: Associated Press
JACKSON, Miss. (AP) — An accountant has pleaded guilty to her role in what Mississippi investigators called a massive theft of welfare money in the nation’s poorest state.
Court records show 65-year-old Anne McGrew of Jackson pleaded guilty Monday and agreed to testify against others indicted in the case.
They include her former employers, Nancy New and Zach New, a mother and son who ran nonprofit and for-profit organizations that received money from the Mississippi Department of Human Services.
McGrew, Nancy New and Zach New were among six people indicted in early 2020 in what state Auditor Shad White called “a sprawling conspiracy” of alleged misspending.

McGrew is going to testify against these good folks who operated a private school and also funneled money into a for profit using federal funds.

[Image: Nancy-and-Zach-New1.jpg?fit=1200%2C956&ssl=1]
Zach New, left, and his mother Nancy New exit the Cochran federal courthouse on March 18, 2021, in Jackson. Credit: Vickie D. King/Mississippi Today
A federal grand jury entered a new indictment in the case of Nancy and Zach New on Tuesday, doubling the amount that the mother-son owners of a Mississippi private school district are accused of stealing from federal education funds.

Favre and the other pictures are the new faces of Welfare King and Queens in our poorest State that uses the most Federal Tax money we all pay into.