Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Because it's been easy so far

Good, because playing tough teams makes you get better.

When the Chargers were added to the schedule, here in LA everyone was talking about how the Chargers added a victory to their schedule.  At the time, I thought that was crazy.  And here we are.

Quote: @VikingOracle said:
When the Chargers were added to the schedule, here in LA everyone was talking about how the Chargers added a victory to their schedule.  At the time, I thought that was crazy.  And here we are.
If the Chargers play against the Vikings like they just did against Cleveland they will put 60 on us.   Brashaud Breeland will have to find a new, graphic insult to hurl at the fan base, if he can raise his torched, dead body off the field in the aftermath.

I mean they put themselves in this position. They struggled against a winless team. No more excuses. Play the games and win or stfu. 

crazy how after a win the story line is how bad we are,  but after a couple losses early on we were being told how good we are it was just bad breaks against good teams... so what is it?  is this a good team or not?

Quote: @JimmyinSD said:
crazy how after a win the story line is how bad we are,  but after a couple losses early on we were being told how good we are it was just bad breaks against good teams... so what is it?  is this a good team or not?
Both. 

Quote: @MaroonBells said:
@JimmyinSD said:
Both. 
Yep. One week the defense lays an egg and we lose a shootout. The next the D plays well and the offense no shows. Other weeks it's penalties. It's only week 6 but this is one of the more frustrating Vikings teams I can remember because the agent of doom is a new thing every week.
On the one hand it means we're fixing things along the way, on the other hand what is our identity/what can we actually rely on?

Quote: @pattersaur said:
@MaroonBells said:
@JimmyinSD said:
Both. 
Yep. One week the defense lays an egg and we lose a shootout. The next the D plays well and the offense no shows. Other weeks it's penalties. It's only week 6 but this is one of the more frustrating Vikings teams I can remember because the agent of doom is a new thing every week.
On the one hand it means we're fixing things along the way, on the other hand what is our identity/what can we actually rely on?
I dont think inconsistency is the sign of a good anything. i mean, would anybody eat at a restaurant the only produced a quality meal 2 out of 5 times you visit,  and even then those meals we only marginally acceptable?  probably not,  especially if the next time you go in and you order that same thing that you liked last time and it was crap this time... you wouldnt tell anybody that it was a good restaurant.  even if they have the best ingredients and a great staff,  if the food is not consistently up to standards you would likely tell your friends to avoid the place wouldnt you?

Quote: @JimmyinSD said:
@pattersaur said:
@MaroonBells said:
@JimmyinSD said:
Both. 
I dont think inconsistency is the sign of a good anything. i mean, would anybody eat at a restaurant the only produced a quality meal 2 out of 5 times you visit,  and even then those meals we only marginally acceptable?  probably not,  especially if the next time you go in and you order that same thing that you liked last time and it was crap this time... you wouldnt tell anybody that it was a good restaurant.  even if they have the best ingredients and a great staff,  if the food is not consistently up to standards you would likely tell your friends to avoid the place wouldnt you?
I agree but I'm trying to see *some* positive here... we still got 3 more months of this!