Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
P2 2 PFF: STFU
Patrick Peterson genuinely looks stellar in Zimmer's Quarters scheme, but everyone thinks he's bad because PFF doesn't understand how to read defensive keys half the time. Shame.

P2 talked about it couple weeks ago...

Bryant McFadden: You didn’t get a lot of action. I watched the game and it was almost like ‘is he even playing?’ You didn’t see a lot of action.
Patrick Peterson: Pro Football Focus thought I did! That’s why I don’t like that stuff. They said I gave up 3 catches for 30 yards. Last time I checked, I gave up 1 catch for 3 yards to a screen. The catch that I know they’re talking about, I was in Cover 2, so that’s not my assignment. With these gurus, you can clearly see it’s a two high safety that I’m going to the flat. So how is that my guy? That’s why I don’t understand the grades that they give out with certain assignments guys have.
BM: My thing is this: it’s hard to give a guy a grade when you don’t know exactly what he’s supposed to do, what his assignment is. Now you start assuming.
PP: Right! That’s what fans look at… they treat that like the Bible, like these guys who are putting out these numbers know exactly what’s going on when they don’t! Some of the things that they do put out, yeah, it may be accurate. But when it comes to certain coverages, certain blocking schemes, like, put out the right stuff. Because at the end of the day, so many people are looking at this saying ‘this is what a guy is,’ off of what Pro Football Focus is saying. Put out the right stuff and really do the due diligence before you go out and put out certain numbers or things that guys did, for other people to say ‘oh, this guy gave up [this]’ — like you said, I didn’t give up no action. You can clearly see me re-route this guy, dropping backwards.

Maybe Breeland will be the next one to hate on PFF. They have him 107th out of 107 and Dantzler 6th out of 107.

Quote: @Hawkvike25 said:
Maybe Breeland will be the next one to hate on PFF. They have him 107th out of 107 and Dantzler 6th out of 107.

[Image: pd43thoinyji.jpeg]
What does one call Breeland’s coverage thus far…?  B) 

Quote: @Hawkvike25 said:
From what I can see, Breeland’s ranking has been earned. 

Dantzler is light years better than Breeland, but Zimmer is playing his stupid games again. PP has been stellar. I have no idea how PFF can’t understand the assignments on a play. Especially a standard Cover 2.