Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Darrisaw update

I doubt he'll play any time soon, but it's really good to hear he's taking live snaps now. About time, too. 

and since they gave Hill the veterans day off, he got all the 1st team snaps.

Unless the injury bug bites, I suspect we wont see Darrisaw until after the bye week at the earliest. 

REALLY hoping Cook is able to go vs Brownies. 

This is a very difficult game coming up Sunday. 

Quote: @"purplefaithful" said:
Unless the injury bug bites, I suspect we wont see Darrisaw until after the bye week at the earliest. 

It is indeed. On paper the Browns might be the most talented team in the NFL. You look at their depth chart and it's like, man, you don't see that very often. But like us, they've struggled with injuries.

This is one of those weird games where there are potential coach and familiarity advantages everywhere. Who does it benefit? Who the hell knows... 

Quote: @"MaroonBells" said:
@"purplefaithful" said:

It is indeed. On paper the Browns might be the most talented team in the NFL. You look at their depth chart and it's like, man, you don't see that very often. But like us, they've struggled with injuries.

This is one of those weird games where there are potential coach and familiarity advantages everywhere. Who does it benefit? Who the hell knows... 
@ home for this one is huge...Vikings have laid some clunkers @ USB before (i.e. Colts, Lions) but I got a feeling this is going to be quite the contest. 

Dallas, Rams, Brownies, Bears, Steelers, Packers...

Difficult and entertaining as hell home schedule remaining. 

Rams/Browns SB would be a great match-up - fresh too. 

Got to get to the bye at 4-2, get Darrisaw ready for week 8.  

We will be right in the midst of things despite the 0-2 road start

While Christian Darrisaw practices, Klint Kubiak says Rashod Hill is 'our guy' at left tackle
Though first-round pick Christian Darrisaw went through his first full practice of the season on Wednesday, the Vikings aren't in any hurry to make the rookie their starting left tackle.

"Rashod [Hill] is our guy," offensive coordinator Klint Kubiak said Thursday. "Good to have Christian back in practice, he's getting better. He's only had a few days, so we have to build him up and do it the right way. Really pleased with his progression."
Darrisaw had his second groin surgery of the year on Aug. 12 in Philadelphia, getting a minor incision to alleviate pain on his left side. At the time, sources said Darrisaw was expected to be ready for the start of the regular season, but he hadn't taken more than a handful of snaps in practice before Wednesday.
Hill has given up eight pressures in the Vikings' first three games, according to Pro Football Focus, but only one of those has turned into a sack. He returned to practice after a veteran's day off on Wednesday, and he'll continue as the left tackle.
As for when Darrisaw could work his way into the lineup, Kubiak said, "I think that's a discussion for down the line."
"Right now is about focusing on today," he added. "[Offensive line] coach [Phil] Rauscher is getting Rashod ready and, in spurts, giving [Darrisaw] his repetitions. Not just trying to throw it at him all at once. He had zero practice, so he's got a lot of catching up to do. He's doing a heck of a job with everything he can control."
https://www.startribune.com/vikings-note...600102405/

Hope Clint still feels this way about Hill after Sunday.  Man, Cleveland has probably the best two bookends at DE in the entire NFL.