Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Seahawks @ Vikings Predictions
What I like:
Danielle Hunter vs. Jamarco Jones
Seahawks will be without their starting RT Brandon Shell. This will pit Hunter against sub-league-average backup tackle Jamarco Jones. Obviously, the Seahawks will give Jones help with a TE, but still, Hunter should be in for a pretty good day. In fact, I think our entire DL, feeding off the energy of US Bank, will do well. With the exception of Duane Brown, who is playing great on the left, their line is below average. 
What I don’t like:

Metcalf and Lockett vs. Peterson and Breeland
With a ridiculous 147 passer rating, no QB in the NFL is playing as well as Russell Wilson. And there hasn’t been a better WR than Tyler Lockett. Unlike Kyler Murray, Wilson is not a running QB, but he’s nearly as mobile. He’s averaging 300 yards, 3 TDs and 0 INTs so far this year. However, Zimmer typically plays Wilson well. In their last three matchups, all won by the Seahawks at home, Wilson has averaged just 176 yards passing, 1.6 TDs and 1 INT. In last year’s game, Vikings shut out the Seahawks 13-0 in the first half. Wilson roared back in the 2nd half by throwing 3 TDs to win the game. That’s how Seattle beats us. We’ll play them well for most of the game and Wilson will find a breakdown to exploit. And this year he has better receivers than he ever has. If Wilson gets time, Metcalf and Lockett will eat our corners alive. 
That’s the matchup. Only one on each side this week, because the others aren’t nearly as pivotal. Cousins will get his. Cook and Mattison will get theirs (Seattle ranks dead last in run defense). I expect both teams to have success running the ball. This one is all about the above. Whoever wins those matchups wins the game. At home, I expect the Vikings to win the first, rendering the 2nd less of a factor.
Vikings 31 Seattle 20

What I dont like:

0/7 vs Russel Wilson. While history can't always be used as a predictor, in this case I think it can.

Last 2 gut-wrenching weeks have taken a toll on player resiliency. 

Vikings D hasn't shown the ability to come-up big and struggled vs Burrows and Murray. Wilson is better than either of em. 

Potential for a dinged D.Cook (or no Cook)

MUST WIN for the purple this week. 

Seattle 28
Vikings 24

At 0/3 the noose tightens for Zimsu 

Honest to God, if its another close loss with either a fumble or missed FG to lose the game, fans might just walk slowly in a daze single file into the depths of Lake Minnetonka. 

Quote: @"StickyBun" said:
Honest to God, if its another close loss with either a fumble or missed FG to lose the game, fans might just walk slowly in a daze single file into the depths of Lake Minnetonka. 

[Image: ?u=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.comedystudio.it%2Fwp...f=1&nofb=1]

28-24 SEA

Quote: @"purplefaithful" said:

What I dont like:

0/7 vs Russel Wilson. While history can't always be used as a predictor, in this case I think it can.

Last 2 gut-wrenching weeks have taken a toll on player resiliency. 

Vikings D hasn't shown the ability to come-up big and struggled vs Burrows and Murray. Wilson is better than either of em. 

Potential for a dinged D.Cook (or no Cook)

MUST WIN for the purple this week. 

Seattle 28
Vikings 24

At 0/3 the noose tightens for Zimsu 
To that, I'll only say that recent win/loss history is an irrelevant factor. Win or lose, Wilson clearly doesn't play his best against Mike Zimmer. And that's been at home. He's never played at US Bank. And prior to that, those were two totally different teams...on both sides. 

Yes, anything can happen, but I would be very surprised if the Vikings aren't after him all afternoon. Not that they will shut him down; they won't. Just keep their team from scoring more points than our team. :-)

One thing I DON'T like about this game is that Seattle lost in week two and gave up a ridiculous amount of yards in the run game. As i said last week in the AZ prediction, teams tend to correct whatever ailed them the previous week. We'll see. Should be a really fun one to watch. 

Vikings and homers lose again. Zimmer gets a 5 year extension. 
31-20 Russel Wilson.

My gut tells me Seattle wins.

At 0-3 the Vikings would be playing for draft position.

Seahawks 31Vikings    30

Quote: @"Mattyman" said:
My gut tells me Seattle wins.

At 0-3 the Vikings would be playing for draft position.
Well if we're going by body parts, my heart--my broken, battered, bruised and purple heart--says Seattle too. My brain says Vikings by a little. My gut says Vikings by a lot. After the game, I'll know which body parts I need to stop listening to.