Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Dalvin DNP Again
Maybe he’s just fine for Sunday and they’re being cautious. Hopefully. 

But Zim’s fun history of declaring guys fine early in the week and then them not playing has me concerned here. 

This is why making Cook the center piece of the offense is dumb. He has never been durable and once he is not playing then the philosophy needs to change. He reminds me of Rhodes. Comes up gimpy after a play and he looks like he is seriously injured. 3 plays later he is running around like nothing happened. 

Obviously Dalvin takes our offense to a whole another level, but we need to make sure that we can have a functional offense with Mattison in there and not grind Cook into the ground.

Don't worry, it's just a tweak.

They might be resting it as much as they can before the game. But if he needs to sit, he needs to sit. 

If he is out, one thing to remember is that the Vikings record without Dalvin is better than it is with him. Now, don't you "winning-is-the-only-indicator-of-talent" people overreact to that because only an idiot would think the Vikings are a better team without Dalvin.

It's also true that in the last contest with Seattle, Mattison had over 100. 

I think with the ankle being the issue, the more rest they give him the better.  So hopefully it is just that.

I think if they don't start to learn how to use Dalvin,  the end of his career is a lot closer than most fans want to think.  He isn't AD,  he is a Ferrari,   you don't run a Ferrari like a demo derby car.  You use him in places where you need speed and ability,   but when you get into traffic you bring out the nova and bang it around and maybe trade a little paint.   No Mattison won't be as electric as Cook, but he isn't dog shot either and running Cook into the ground has proven to be detrimental to his ability to stay on the field.  Cut his touches per game and see him dominate with fresher legs and hopefully extend his peak years.

Quote: @JimmyinSD said:
I think if they don't start to learn how to use Dalvin,  the end of his career is a lot closer than most fans want to think.  He isn't AD,  he is a Ferrari,   you don't run a Ferrari like a demo derby car.  You use him in places where you need speed and ability,   but when you get into traffic you bring out the nova and bang it around and maybe trade a little paint.   No Mattison won't be as electric as Cook, but he isn't dog shot either and running Cook into the ground has proven to be detrimental to his ability to stay on the field.  Cut his touches per game and see him dominate with fresher legs and hopefully extend his peak years.

But either the nova’s clutch slips or the steering fails at the goal line…  :p