Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Justin Fields era in Chicago starts now

I dont think they win, but fairly certain I will be betting Chicago to cover the spread. I think the team will be pumped to have him under center

Ha! I knew Nagy wouldn't be able to endure the calls from fans and media to start their rookie.

Might work out for them. He'll definitely win some games for them. But it might ruin him, too. If he's forced to run too much behind that OL, then every time he does, he gets further and further away from being a progression passer. 

Gosh I hope the browns embarrass him. 

It started last week with Dalton's injury, Fields played 3/4 of the game.

Honestly, my gut says they've got a good one in this kid. But he's a rookie so he'll do rookie stuff. 

Bears have been looking for a franchise QB even longer than the Vikings...

I will re-post here with this official start of the Fields era:

[Image: SoItBegins.jpg]

Quote: @purplefaithful said:
Bears have been looking for a franchise QB even longer than the Vikings...

I will re-post here with this official start of the Fields era:

[Image: SoItBegins.jpg]
We had a shot at him and could have moved up from 14 to the 10/11 spot and drafted Fields.  We had enough ammo even without the 2nd rounder to move up a few slots but we obviously didn't like him enough to do so.

I thought/think that he was a Top 5 pick in any other draft which was loaded at top QB's.  He has the skills to be a franchise QB but the knock on him was his reading progressions and being an OSU QB.  I think he will play like a typical rookie with a good deal of mistakes and then some splash plays.  The Bears D has not played up to par as of yet and the Browns are a good defense so I think it will be a very tough first start for Fields.  He will get better as the year goes and I think he has a good chance to be the franchise QB that they have struggled to find and coach up.    All that said pre and post draft - I hope I am dead wrong and he is Mitch 2.0 Smile
But during the draft I said I would not have been disappointed if we moved up for him at all knowing that we could not go up very far but 10,11,12 were all within easy reach if we liked Fields or Mac Jones enough.   

only time will tell Minny...

I can see both sides of the argument - do all you can to win now with KC vs draft a qb #1. 

I hope we dont look back at passing on Mac Jones or going all in for Fields as a negative, watershed moment for this era of Vikings. 

Quote: @purplefaithful said:
only time will tell Minny...

I can see both sides of the argument - do all you can to win now with KC vs draft a qb #1. 

I hope we dont look back at passing on Mac Jones or going all in for Fields as a negative, watershed moment for this era of Vikings. 
We may have a terrible season and then folks think Spencer Rattler, Carson Strong, and the Liberty QB are better prospects than Sam Howell and we end up with him (Which would be freaking awesome). Never know on QBs