Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pops
I see Brian is sitting out practice today....yet he said earlier he'd be ready to go for the season opener. All good? Hope he's available. 

A better question for Pops would be why does the first string look so flat?  Yeah it's preseason, but it also looks just like last year's 3-8 gang.   I would venture he knows and won't want to tell us.

First Sticky, 
He should be good to go. He strained his groin and they weren't taking any chances of making it worse.  He put it to the test last week and it didn't feel right so they backed off. He should be back at practice soon.
 Second comet52, I generally answer the questions if I can. Meaning if it's something that I have to wait for the media to announce it first then I can't also, if I'm sworn not to say anything.
That answered I refer you to the above answer I gave Sticky.
Brian has only played 1 quarter, sparingly, this preseason. I will just say what his coaches have publicly said and that is that Brian really is the coach on the field when he is in. He makes many of the play calls and has the authority to change calls based on what he sees. The coaches trust him that much and he sees things that the coaches can't . The last 2 years he always played the first 2 series of every game without a sub, unless it was a passing down. During those series his main job was to decipher the lingo of the opposing team's blocking calls. It was his job to figure them out and put our guys in position to make plays.
He still plays with a lot of passion and when on the field has no problem telling his teammates what needs to be said. I say this and watch him get in there and they are still flat. Then I would look like an add, so I hope he doesn't make a liar out of me. Lol
Another reason is that during preseason they are running a vanilla defense and not a whole lot of frills and exotic stuff.
I just hope those are all the things. If not, then there are a few players, who got paid trying to prove they deserved it and in doing so sometimes they forget how they got paid in the first place and that's playing the team concept.
I hope I've answered your question. I also hope what I'm thinking is correct because you may not want to ask me about anything else. Lol
For us fans I hope that's all it is or we're all gonna be pretty pissed.

PS, you may not want to ask again anyway since I always get on a roll and write a book. Lol

Quote: @96POPS said:
PS, you may not want to ask again anyway since I always get on a roll and write a book. Lol
They are great books though POPS!  =)

Haven't been here very much lately with all that has gone on with the hurricane and flooding. We are all ok but i spent a day or two with some friends rescuing, honestly, i didn't do much,but stay at the launch site and help boats launch and load up. The friends left me there after I launched them and went to park my truck. Lol
In the aftermath my best friend , who I work for , does remediation and construction and remodeling and roofing and just about everything, so needless to say I've been working my ads off since the rain stopped. It is a mess down here and so sad to see so many people lose so much. That said, for the most part, we have rebounded quick and starting to put everything back together again. A lot of the people have really impressed me with a surprisingly good attitude. I want to thank anyone and all who pitched in to help us down here. It's great to see that we can all drop our differences and opinions and help our fellow brethren when in need.
Thanks to all who did so. And if you didn't help I still thank you because I know you felt for us down here in the south and that's just as important to me.

Hey pops thanks for answering.  Not sure I know more than I did before but, hey, we'll all know a lot more starting next Monday.   Besides, whatever you do down in Houston to help others is a lot more important than football imo, keep up the good work.

I pretty much just assumed that vanilla defense was the major aspect of the Preseason play. Now with that said I am still looking to see how this offensive line does and won't be a believer until I see the O-Line being competent. I believe in the skill players on the offense. I believe in the D. I believe in Zimmer. I will be there this weekend and hopefully it is a W. And great job Pops in helping out in this time. And now there is another Hurricane we have to worry about hitting Florida. Crazy that we have back to back Katrina-level hurricanes in a couple weeks when we haven't had one since Hurricane Katrina. 

Quote: @96POPS said:
Haven't been here very much lately with all that has gone on with the hurricane and flooding. We are all ok but i spent a day or two with some friends rescuing, honestly, i didn't do much,but stay at the launch site and help boats launch and load up. The friends left me there after I launched them and went to park my truck. Lol
In the aftermath my best friend , who I work for , does remediation and construction and remodeling and roofing and just about everything, so needless to say I've been working my ads off since the rain stopped. It is a mess down here and so sad to see so many people lose so much. That said, for the most part, we have rebounded quick and starting to put everything back together again. A lot of the people have really impressed me with a surprisingly good attitude. I want to thank anyone and all who pitched in to help us down here. It's great to see that we can all drop our differences and opinions and help our fellow brethren when in need.
Thanks to all who did so. And if you didn't help I still thank you because I know you felt for us down here in the south and that's just as important to me.
Glad you and the family are Ok, Pops.  What a horrible, horrible mess Harvey left behind.  Folks up North here have been watching and hoping for the best for all of you down there.  Thanks for the update.

Quote: @matt4787 said:
 Crazy that we have back to back Katrina-level hurricanes in a couple weeks when we haven't had one since Hurricane Katrina. 
Well,don't forget about Sandy...