Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Nick Vigil vs Barr's annual stats
Since 2019, Anthony Barr played 16 games, and has missed another 16, here are his totals since 2019:

1.5 sacks
1 INT
4 passes defended 
6 TFL
1 FF
1 FR

Vigil now has in 2021 in 2 games:

1 sack
1 INT
1 pass defended 
2 TFL
0 FF
0 FR

Think Vigil can catch Barr's production in the next 14-15 games?

6'2 233 vs 6'5 255 ... why do we not see more splash plays from Barr -  highly paid, high draft pick Pro Bowl player, seriously looks like he is getting outplayed by Nick Vigil?

I'm going to celebrate Vigil' success and mourn the loss of Barr...I can do both, right? 

Good God that's a lot of money to be sitting. It was nice to see Vigil step up.

Quote: @SFVikeFan said:
Since 2019, Anthony Barr played 16 games, and has missed another 16, here are his totals since 2019:

1.5 sacks
1 INT
4 passes defended 
6 TFL
1 FF
1 FR

Vigil now has in 2021 in 2 games:

1 sack
1 INT
1 pass defended 
2 TFL
0 FF
0 FR

Think Vigil can catch Barr's production in the next 14-15 games?

6'2 233 vs 6'5 255 ... why do we not see more splash plays from Barr -  highly paid, high draft pick Pro Bowl player, seriously looks like he is getting outplayed by Nick Vigil?
go back and look at Wilsons numbers last year compared to Barrs best years.   I dont see it,  I always hear about how special of a player Barr is,  but on paper I have never really seen what he brings to the defense week in and week out.   Maybe some stat fan can find the WOR for Barr and see how him on the field relates to wins vs others,  but that could be just as skewed based on who we played when he was actually on the field.  I thought it was a mistake not keeping Wilson,  but I have been pretty happy with Vigil so far in his place.

A simple test.  How have the defenses ranked with Barr and without Barr?  

Maybe a bit simplistic, but it deserves to be asked.

Quote: @greediron said:

to simplistic,   you dont have any where near the same supporting cast last year for Wilson as what Barr played most of his career with.  Vigil has a much better line in front of him this year so he is expected to be a bigger impact in run support,  its his play in the passing game that has been the nice surprise.  I think the runs outside this week were more of a result of the DEs overplaying the pass rush to early.

I have always liked Barr. It sucks he's been hurt so much lately. Would be a welcome surprise if he can get back out there sometime soon. I am excited Vigil has looked good too.

Quote: @JimmyinSD said:
@greediron said:

to simplistic,   you dont have any where near the same supporting cast last year for Wilson as what Barr played most of his career with.  Vigil has a much better line in front of him this year so he is expected to be a bigger impact in run support,  its his play in the passing game that has been the nice surprise.  I think the runs outside this week were more of a result of the DEs overplaying the pass rush to early.
not as simplistic as saying Wilson is better than Barr  :p

Bottom line, Barr meant something to the defense.  His importance wasn't found in fan friendly stats.

Quote: @greediron said:
@JimmyinSD said:
@greediron said:

not as simplistic as saying Wilson is better than Barr  :p

Bottom line, Barr meant something to the defense.  His importance wasn't found in fan friendly stats.
I showed plenty of stats that have supported my theory,  all Barrs supporters have are quotes from people saying hes good.  i guess it comes down to do you trust your eyes or your ears more.  if you see a duck,  its probably a duck,  if you hear a duck but cant see one... its probably my damn kid working on his fucking duck calls again at 11 at night.

Been saying it for a while...totally ready to move on from Barr. That guy is so slow in coverage and isn't used as a DE enough. If we aren't going to use him like we should then move on.