Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Our Best Hope is 0-4
If the Vikings go 0-4, which is likely according to odds, the Wilf’s may be pressured enough to dump Zimmer and Spielman. Then sell off any players to contenders with injuries. On one level, a Thielen can bring a second round pick. Guys on one year deals like Peterson won’t bring much back but the saved salary can be carried over to next years cap. Let’s embrace the rebuild.

based on 1 game,  the Vikes could go 8-9 and win the division... and Zimmer saves his job.

JFC, stay away from the ledge dude. It's one game. I'm as pissed as the next person, but let's see where we're at after 4 games instead of hoping to lose them all.

How do you see the season shaking out?  I dont see more than a half dozen wins or so at best.  Lots of good teams on this schedule and we arent one,  good teams dont lose that game yesterday.

Quote: @JimmyinSD said:
How do you see the season shaking out?  I dont see more than a half dozen wins or so at best.  Lots of good teams on this schedule and we arent one,  good teams dont lose that game yesterday.
You're right, good teams don't do that, at least not on a consistent basis. Take away that call on the fumble and we steal away a game we shouldn't have won (guess it all works out in the end).

My belief is they aren't in sync (and I blame that on Zim) due to barely playing together in the preseason. IF, and that's a big if, they can knock off the rust and gel quick enough then we're still a pretty good team (on paper at least). Otherwise shit is going to unravel quickly.

With that being said, I'll file this way as a clunker and still think we get to 10 wins and a WC. I don't think GB is as bad as they showed yesterday (like us) so it's going to be tough sledding for a division title.

Can't believe after only one game, some are already starting this crap...

Quote: @ArizonaViking said:
its a continuation of last year,  its hardly just one game.

It feels like this, every game, game after game, since 2018.

Offense never looks in sync, never looks dominating, refreshing DESPITE having

A top duo of WR's every year
A premier RB
A Pro Bowl TE
1st and 2nd round picks along 4/5ths of the line
Gary Kubiak, John DeFlippo, Kevin Stefanski, now Klint Kubiak

It's a fucking quarterback problem period.  This guy IS NOT THE GUY.  I would have given anything to for us to deal him to SF this offseason.  No leadership.  No passion.  No creativity.  No mobility.  No chance at franchise glory.

Quote: @ArizonaViking said:
Yeah, it's always fun to return to threads like this after a dozen or so games. Is it possible that this game is indicative of how the season will go? Yep. It's just not likely. 

Every year, this same thing happens.  Every year, the first week is chaos.  Some teams look horribly ill-prepared.  Shitty teams look like world-beaters.  Everyone over-reacts to small sample
sizes.  Every year, we find out no one
can predict shit, except teams with Elite QBs usually do well.   Furthermore,
after every loss the sky is falling, and after every win, maybe we’re not so
bad.

One thing I feel highly confident about.  Zimmer has never been worse than 7-9.  I don’t see us improving the roster by this
much and still being worse than that.  I
don’t care which teams look unbeatable right now.  Some of them will get injured.  Some of them will just suck.  Other easy wins will rise out of nowhere and
be fairly good.  The margin between
winning and losing any given Sunday is very small, and you can’t predict how
that shakes out.