Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Curse of Being a Vikings fan
Hope is a dangerous thing. Hope can drive a man Insane. --"Red", The Shawshank Redemption.I’ve been a fan since 1973. Saw 3 Super Bowl,losses, crushing NFC championship losses. Tired of being disappointed. I hope they win tomorrow but if not I’d rather they start off 0-4, and not suffer through unmet expectations. Then bring in a young offensive minded head coach and draft a qb in round one. 

You just have to put stock in what it actually is.  Yes, I would love to see the Vikes win the big one.  Yes, the losses hurt and sting.  However, none of that has any affect on anything really.  Regardless of the outcome of Sunday, the sun is still gonna come up on Monday. 

We know what we got with these lovable losers.  All we really got is hope and heartache. 

Quote: @"El_Padre" said:
You just have to put stock in what it actually is.  Yes, I would love to see the Vikes win the big one.  Yes, the losses hurt and sting.  However, none of that has any affect on anything really.  Regardless of the outcome of Sunday, the sun is still gonna come up on Monday. 

We know what we got with these lovable losers.  All we really got is hope and heartache. 
I am a diehard Minnesota Viking fan and have been going on 45+ years.

I am in a bit of a conundrum as a Viking fan because for the first time I can ever remember I am starting to dislike some of our own players - mainly Kirk but there are others that I have very mixed feeling about.  I have never disliked any of my Viking QB's even when they sucked (Admission, I was never a McNabb fan).  I am also not a huge fan of Zimmer as a HC and have been down on him for ever since the Philly debacle.   So I love my Minnesota Vikings, dislike Cousins, and so/so on Zimmer as my HC.  Conundrum, I say!  I had to use that word again because I may never use it again.  

Edit:  Please disregard the above if we win tomorrow in convincing fashion on the road.  If we lose, consider the above a prophecy Smile

Quote: @"Lee 19" said:
Hope is a dangerous thing. Hope can drive a man Insane. --"Red", The Shawshank Redemption.
I’ve been a fan since 1973. Saw 3 Super Bowl,losses, crushing NFC championship losses. Tired of being disappointed. I hope they win tomorrow but if not I’d rather they start off 0-4, and not suffer through unmet expectations. Then bring in a young offensive minded head coach and draft a qb in round one. 

Typical sad sack Viking fan. Hope they win, but if they don't, then I hope they suck so we can blow it all up and fire our coach. 

Try to enjoy the game.