Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Vikings @ Bengals Predictions
What I love:
Danielle Hunter vs. Bengals’ OTs: Riley Reiff is probably better than average, but he hasn’t played RT in 4 years. Jonah Williams is promising but due mostly to injury, he’s only played in 10 games in two years. Both have 33-inch arms. 
Thielen and JJ vs. Bengals DBs: At safety, Jessie Bates is an All Pro. But the cupboard is bare at corner. The Bengals best corner, William Jackson, is now in Washington. Trae Waynes is also out. Thielen and JJ should get plenty of separation. 
Others: Dalvin vs. Bengals LBs. Zimmer vs. Taylor. Our IDL vs. Bengals IOL

What scares me:
DJ Reader vs. Bradbury: Bengals have finished near the bottom in run defense the last two years. They spent the offseason improving that by adding DJ Reader and Larry Ogunjobi to their interior DL. Reader, at 6-3, 360, is a massive human and exactly the kind of nose tackle that Bradbury struggles with.
Burrow, Chase, Higgins and Boyd vs. Vikings secondary: Before he tore his ACL, Burrow was having a very good season. Word out of Cinci is that he’s looked uneven in camp. Also pretty well known that Chase hasn’t been able to catch anything. But I expect this group to have some success against us. The Vikings secondary should be more than up to the challenge, but if this new group struggles at all to gel early on, miscommunication and players out of position could lead to points for the Bengals.
Others: Trey Hendrickson vs. Rashod Hill

Score: Vikings 27 Bengals 13

IMO: Coaching and QB will be the difference in this game. Fortunately we have Cook, Jefferson, and Thielen which takes pressure off of the QB.Vikings  29Bengals 23

We pound them on the ground with a mix of JJ and AT. Cookie goes off and they cant sustain enough drives. 

Vikes 27.  
Bengals 16

I predict the DL is going to feast. 27-13 good guys

I think both teams are going to be running on fumes in the 4th quarter because of the heat. 

27-24 cincy

I think Cook has a big game 110+ yards - a rush and pass TD

Vikes start slow and then takeover in 3rd quarter. 

Cincy rallies at the end for some garbage points but we win 26 - 20!!!

Nobody mentions Joe Mixon and Barr out. 

Is this must win with @ AZ and Seattle @ home up next?

The homer in me says the Vikings win, but wont cover the spread;

Vikings 26
Bengals 24

I think the game comes down to how much improved our defense really is.  I would think on the DL especially at DT that it has to be light years ahead of last year, however the secondary concerns me some as they did not look great in pre season.  Peterson is a great leader, however like Smith, they are both on the downside of their careers.  I think the best addition the secondary could be Breeland, I also think Boyd is a guy who has been under the radar, he has always been improving and seems to be playing with a lot of confidence.  After last season's start, would be nice to start with a win.  

Quote: @"purplefaithful" said:
Nobody mentions Joe Mixon and Barr out. 

Is this must win with @ AZ and Seattle @ home up next?

The homer in me says the Vikings win, but wont cover the spread;

Vikings 26
Bengals 24
MIxon is out?! Or are you saying Mixon is a factor with Barr out?