Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Oh Captain, My Captain

If you have 8 captains, do you have 1?

[Image: giphy.gif]

shit... zimmer must have felt like oprah handing out cars... a C for you,  a C for you,  a C for you... 

So 1/4 of the active roster is a captain? 

CJ Ham? Okie dokie

Quote: @"pattersaur" said:
CJ Ham? Okie dokie
why not?  the C shouldnt be determined by position,  we have no idea who the emotional leaders are in that locker room,  if it happens to be a fullback,  then he deserves that C.  I would say its better for him to have one because of leadership than the ones that are assigned by position like starting QB or most tenured LB that most teams do when those playes may not be very good teammates or leaders at all.

Quote: @"JimmyinSD" said:
@"pattersaur" said:
CJ Ham? Okie dokie
why not?  the C shouldnt be determined by position,  we have no idea who the emotional leaders are in that locker room,  if it happens to be a fullback,  then he deserves that C.  I would say its better for him to have one because of leadership than the ones that are assigned by position like starting QB or most tenured LB that most teams do when those playes may not be very good teammates or leaders at all.
Him getting the C tells me that he is a respected leader on the team.

Quote: @"greediron" said:
@"JimmyinSD" said:
@"pattersaur" said:
CJ Ham? Okie dokie
Him getting the C tells me that he is a respected leader on the team.
thats how I would interpret it myself.

For me, I thought Barr was a strange choice.  He appears to be in the last year with the Vikings -- I am surprised Kendricks is not captain.

Also, the # of unvaccinated players named as captain may send a bad message.