Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hmmm...Vikes favored by 3.5
Not sure that's an easy bet given what we've seen pre-season. 

Pack favored by 3 over Seahawks at Lamblow...National 3:00 game on Sunday. 

https://sports.bovada.lv/football/nfl/ga...rket-group

Easy $ imo is Bronco's vs LA Chargers...

Quote: @purplefaithful said:
Easy $ imo is Bronco's vs LA Chargers...
In which direction? I'm assuming you think Denver's defense is an easy bet at home against the Chargers banged up o-line? But I think the Chargers might be an underrated team. And Denver's QB can't compare to Rivers. 

Can't seem to shake the feeling the Vikes should be 7-10 point underdogs.  :#

Quote: @HappyViking said:
If the preseason means anything they would be. If roster talent means anything they'd be 7-10 point favorites. In reality, neither means anything. 

Quote: @MaroonBells said:
@HappyViking said:
If the preseason means anything they would be. If roster talent means anything they'd be 7-10 point favorites. In reality, neither means anything. 
Don't forget the 3-8 record after the bye week last season.  That bothers me way more than anything in this preseason.  I'm not sure we "out talent" anyone on offense, especially the Saints with Brees passing and now AD. 

The run D was bad last year, and then the passing D was too.  Green Bay and the Colts carved up our D both running and passing late last season;  I've seen nothing to think those holes are plugged.

@MaroonBells said:
@HappyViking said:
Don't forget the 3-8 record after the bye week last season.  That bothers me way more than anything in this preseason.  I'm not sure we "out talent" anyone on offense, especially the Saints with Brees passing and now AD. 

The run D was bad last year, and then the passing D was too.  Green Bay and the Colts carved up our D both running and passing late last season;  I've seen nothing to think those holes are plugged.
Those holes weren't plugged because they weren't holes. That was a very good defense underachieving. Like I've said before, they need a shrink more than they need more talent. Have they solved it? The preseason gave us no indication that they have, but again, that was the preseason. We'll find out a LOT on Monday night. Saints are a good offense and Brees will be a tough test, but if Brees doesn't struggle going deep with rookie Ryan Ramczyk manning his blind side against Everson Griffen, it could be a long season. I expect them to run a lot and throw quick hitters on early downs targeting Gedeon. 

Quote: @MaroonBells said:
@HappyViking said:
@MaroonBells said:
@HappyViking said:

Those holes weren't plugged because they weren't holes. That was a very good defense underachieving. Like I've said before, they need a shrink more than they need more talent. Have they solved it? The preseason gave us no indication that they have, but again, that was the preseason. We'll find out a LOT on Monday night. Saints are a good offense and Brees will be a tough test, but if Brees doesn't struggle going deep with rookie Ryan Ramczyk manning his blind side against Everson Griffen, it could be a long season. I expect them to run a lot and throw quick hitters on early downs targeting Gedeon. 
our only chance is to do to the saints what teams have done to us with AD,  run blitz to contain AD,  roll the corners up in tighter coverage to take away the quick hitting routes and force brees to hold the ball for more than 2.5 seconds and hope that our pass rush gets home early and often.

no matter the outcome of this game,  we cant let AD beat us.   he needs to be held to under 80 yards and no explosive runs.  I have to think they will try and use him out of the backfield as a receiver to try and squash that noise as well.

Quote: @JimmyinSD said:

our only chance is to do to the saints what teams have done to us with AD,  run blitz to contain AD,  roll the corners up in tighter coverage to take away the quick hitting routes and force brees to hold the ball for more than 2.5 seconds and hope that our pass rush gets home early and often.

no matter the outcome of this game,  we cant let AD beat us.   he needs to be held to under 80 yards and no explosive runs.  I have to think they will try and use him out of the backfield as a receiver to try and squash that noise as well.
AD needs to fumble...  like about 3 or 4 times.  B)

@JimmyinSD said:

AD needs to fumble...  like about 3 or 4 times.  B)
I wonder if our defense will get away with taking cheap shots on their QB this time as a defensive game plan.