Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
MMQB Staff Weighs In

Not  one of them got the correct SB outcome which is KC beats GB.

I dont think GB is going to make it to the dance...I think their window has passed. Already too many chances in NFCCG's. 

My $ from the NFC is SF or Bucs. 

Green Bay will finish a game over .500. Vikings will win 11-12 games. 

Usually when the Vikings have a good roster, the national media doesn't take notice until just before the season when they actually LOOK at the depth charts. We didn't see that this year, which I find odd and curious. Are we being overlooked because of our preseason? Our low vax rate? It's really strange because this is objectively a loaded roster. Quite possibly the best roster we've put together in decades. Sure, a few new pieces have to come together for the Vikings but there isn't a team in the NFL that doesn't have new pieces.

What I find most bizarre is that everyone assumes that our offensive line will once again be terrible. Why? Because it was last year. And the Packers offensive line will be great. Why? Because it was last year. It's this kind of thinking that helps me win my fantasy league so often. :-) Nobody seems to notice that both of these lines are significantly different. Ours for the better. Theirs for the worse. 

Every single position on their OL is different and what I would consider a pretty serious downgrade. Nobody is talking about it. 

LT - Bakhtiari > Jenkins. Jenkins has been a great center and guard. Can he hold up agains the NFL's best edge rushers? 
LG - Taylor > Patrick. Wash. Taylor wasn't great, but neither is Patrick, a UDFA journeyman who's had one good year.
C - Linsley > Myers. Myers is a rookie. Probably a pretty good player, but Linsley was all pro. 
RG - Turner > Newman. Newman is a 4th round rookie. Enough said. 
RT - Wagner > Turner. Wagner wasn't as good as the Packers hoped but he was a solid RT. Turner is a thrice waived swing lineman on his 4th team. 

Oh but I guess all will be fine because Aaron Rodgers. We'll see. 

Quote: @MaroonBells said:
Green Bay will finish a game over .500. Vikings will win 11-12 games. 

Usually when the Vikings have a good roster, the national media doesn't take notice until just before the season when they actually LOOK at the depth charts. We didn't see that this year, which I find odd and curious. Are we being overlooked because of our preseason? Our low vax rate? It's really strange because this is objectively a loaded roster. Quite possibly the best roster we've put together in decades. Sure, a few new pieces have to come together for the Vikings but there isn't a team in the NFL that doesn't have new pieces.

What I find most bizarre is that everyone assumes that our offensive line will once again be terrible. Why? Because it was last year. And the Packers offensive line will be great. Why? Because it was last year. It's this kind of thinking that helps me win my fantasy league so often. :-) Nobody seems to notice that both of these lines are significantly different. Ours for the better. Theirs for the worse. 

Every single position on their OL is different and what I would consider a pretty serious downgrade. Nobody is talking about it. 

LT - Bakhtiari > Jenkins. Jenkins has been a great center and guard. Can he hold up agains the NFL's best edge rushers? 
LG - Taylor > Patrick. Wash. Taylor wasn't great, but neither is Patrick, a UDFA journeyman who's had one good year.
C - Linsley > Myers. Myers is a rookie. Probably a pretty good player, but Linsley was all pro. 
RG - Turner > Newman. Newman is a 4th round rookie. Enough said. 
RT - Wagner > Turner. Wagner wasn't as good as the Packers hoped but he was a solid RT. Turner is a thrice waived swing lineman on his 4th team. 

Oh but I guess all will be fine because Aaron Rodgers. We'll see. 
Damn, I didn't know of all these OL changes.  Could be a very FRUSTRATING year for Rodgers.  Relying on 2 journeymen FA, 2 rookies, a good center playing LT.  Yikes, big disappointment coming in Aaron's last year wearing Green and Piss

Jenkins is very good, even if out of place. The rest?

Pfffft

Wow that has to be the worst I have seen so far.  GB will be lucky to be a playoff team.  The biggest joke is in what world is Carolina a playoff team, they are much more likely to be battling it out for the #1 pick.  The Bills like us are likely for a Covid meltdown, I think KC goes from the AFC easily.  NFC is more a question mark, but I would have to say the Bucs being 100% vaxed give them a nice edge.  

Quote: @JR44 said:
Wow that has to be the worst I have seen so far.  GB will be lucky to be a playoff team.  The biggest joke is in what world is Carolina a playoff team, they are much more likely to be battling it out for the #1 pick.  The Bills like us are likely for a Covid meltdown, I think KC goes from the AFC easily.  NFC is more a question mark, but I would have to say the Bucs being 100% vaxed give them a nice edge.  
My $ is on The Bills from AFC and my 2nd choice would be KC.

If KC stays close to healthy, they are going to be there.  Mahomes, Clyde, Kelce and the Cheetah have not had their best year together yet.  The FO seems to be able to learn and improve every year.  This team has the potential to be something very special.

You guys bashing GB's OL are forgetting how fast you can improve when you're allowed to hold every play.