Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
He's Been Lionized

Meanwhile, a man in Minneapolis waits...

[Image: ?u=https%3A%2F%2Fmedia.tegna-media.com%2...f=1&nofb=1]

I don't think Sewell could ever be as good as his hype, but it's WAY early on the guy. Eric Fisher was #1 overall and he was horrible as a rookie. Same with Garrett Boles. 

Quote: @"MaroonBells" said:
I don't think Sewell could ever be as good as his hype, but it's WAY early on the guy. Eric Fisher was #1 overall and he was horrible as a rookie. Same with Garrett Boles. 
Agreed. We haven't played one regular season game yet, lol. He's switching from LT to RT. 

Not sure why you would take the best LT in college and then move him to RT.  I could understand if their QB was left handed, but he is not.  I find more fault with the Lions here than the player.  Also. at least he is on the field and playing which more than we can say for another 1st round LT.  

Quote: @"JR44" said:
Not sure why you would take the best LT in college and then move him to RT.  I could understand if their QB was left handed, but he is not.  I find more fault with the Lions here than the player.  Also. at least he is on the field and playing which more than we can say for another 1st round LT.  
Because the Lions already have a pretty good, 1st round, $60M left tackle in Taylor Decker. I know the Lions aren't known for their wisdom, but you can't blame them too much for this. Moving Taylor to accommodate a rookie, likely resulting in downgrades at both positions, would've been worse. 

Besides, I suspect Sewell's struggles are as much about him being 20 years old and not playing in two years than his move to the right. 

Probably would have been a better move to put him at LG than RT. Get his feet wet in being a pro, doesn't mess up his stance, footwork, or hand placement. Mitigates his less than optimal arm length.

Quote: @"BarrNone55" said:
Probably would have been a better move to put him at LG than RT. Get his feet wet in being a pro, doesn't mess up his stance, footwork, or hand placement. Mitigates his less than optimal arm length.
Really good point here. He might be a better NFL guard than tackle when its all said and done. I think he'd dominate inside.

Quote: @"StickyBun" said:
@"BarrNone55" said:
Really good point here. He might be a better NFL guard than tackle when its all said and done.
Could be a Quinton Nelson like G. 

Stupid by Lions, he is a pure LT or LG.

Why would you draft a guy Top 10 for RT???  That's pure LT draft territory. 

Fix your defense, get a WR or QB if you're happy with Decker at LT, then find a RT in Rounds 2-3, or trade back from Top 10 for fuck's sakes.

Sewell at RT is a disaster waiting to happen.  Plug him at LG then.  He spent his whole college career at 1 position LT, he was NOT position flexible at UO though he did start out at OG before they kicked him outside.  

One thing never changes in the NFL every year:

Lions gonna Lion