Vikings sign Ito
Other #Vikings roster moves:

- Signed RB Ito Smith (
@ItoSmith)

- Waived QB Danny Etling and LB Christian Elliss

- Waived/Injured DT Jordon Scott

- Placed DE Janarius Robinson on IR

- Placed LB Cameron Smith on Reserve/Retired

With the Griffen signing, IR is probably the best thing for Robinson. 

Pretty good series of runs here for Ito. 

Quote: @MaroonBells said:
With what? Hammer toe? 

Not good enough to make the 53, but too good to sneak on to/ be exposed to the PS I guess.

Color me Sad

It's not ideal to see Robinson — like Nwangwu, a fourth-round pick this year — going on IR, but it maybe adds a little more context to the signing of Griffen. Robinson is a raw, athletic, developmental prospect who was struggling to get going in training camp and the preseason. If he's not on the initial 53-man roster, he won't be eligible to be activated from IR this season. This could maybe be a redshirt year for the Florida State product.

Looks a bit larger in uniform.[Image: s9k10i7v53rh.jpg]

Quote: @"BarrNone55" said:
@MaroonBells said:
With what? Hammer toe? 

Not good enough to make the 53, but too good to sneak on to/ be exposed to the PS I guess.

Color me Sad
I'd say that's exactly it. It's doubtful he'd contribute this year and no way you could expose him to waivers, so IR is the next best thing to a redshirt. 

Quote: @"BarrNone55" said:
It's not ideal to see Robinson — like Nwangwu, a fourth-round pick this year — going on IR, but it maybe adds a little more context to the signing of Griffen. Robinson is a raw, athletic, developmental prospect who was struggling to get going in training camp and the preseason. If he's not on the initial 53-man roster, he won't be eligible to be activated from IR this season. This could maybe be a redshirt year for the Florida State product.

Have they already put Kene on IR, I was think that was possible with Ito signing but hadn't read anything.

Quote: @BigAl99 said:
@"BarrNone55" said:

Have they already put Kene on IR, I was think that was possible with Ito signing but hadn't read anything.
Haven't heard anything about IR for Kene. I think I'd rather have Ito than Abdullah though. Cook, Mattison, Kene and Ito would be a damn solid group. It's almost funny how OCD the Vikings are about depth this year. After last year's IR blood bath, it's no wonder I guess. 

[Image: gUDDRVgB_bigger.jpg]
Out of surgery blessed