Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Timmy Tebowing
If you thought this was the worst blocking you've ever seen....
https://twitter.com/crowworthytakes/stat...08804?s=20

This is the very next play...
https://twitter.com/CTowersCBS/status/14...75909?s=20

Beat me to it.

Quote: @"BarrNone55" said:
Beat me to it.
Meh...your headline was probably better. 

I saw that over the weekend. His heart isn't into this, that's obvious. He's 34 years old and trying to play TE. He's built like a brick shithouse but he's SO stiff and slow, like he's pulling a sled behind him. Only reason he's even on a training camp roster is because of the coach and his name.

One ounce of self awareness, and he's probably got a nice fat deal like Logan Thomas. Instead, he's making a fool of himself.

Now that the Jaguars have cut Tebow, those folks who bought the jersey are left holding the bag. Or, more specifically, a jersey that was actually ever worn by the player in one meaningless preseason game, the highlight of which was a half-hearted block followed by an inadvertent helmet in the stomach of a teammate.
Although the league, through Fanatics, provides “jersey assurance,” the fine print becomes very important in situations like this. The program applies to trades only; there’s no protection if the player is cut or retires.
Tebow has been cut. Given that he’s been released in the initial wave of reductions from 90 to 85, he presumably won’t resurface on the practice squad. And thus it appears to be over for Tebow in Jacksonville, weeks before it ever technically started.
It’s hard to feel bad, frankly, for anyone who rolled the dice on a Tebow jersey. There was always a good chance that the tight end experiment would go the way of Peter Brady’s volcano (dated, but applicable).
And of all the people who will be feeling very little sympathy for those who bought the Tebow jersey, the least will be felt by Raiders fans who bought an Antonio Brown jersey in 2019.