Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Thousands (millions?) die or sanctions...
Not sure what else there is for any POTUS???
Mnuchin told "Fox News Sunday" that he’s preparing a sanctions package that would cut off “all trade and other business,” with North Korea, following the country's overnight nuclear test, its sixth and most powerful.
“I will submit new sanctions for his strong consideration,” he said. “There’s much more we can do economically.”
Such a bomb is considered more powerful than any of the five nuclear ones North Korea has already tested. And it apparently triggered an artificial earthquake of at least a magnitude 5.7.
“I did speak with the president,” Mnuchin also said Sunday. “It’s clear this behavior is unacceptable. … I will draft a sanctions bill and send it to the president. We will work with our allies. We will work with China. But people need to cut off North Korea economically."
http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2017/09/...tions.html

(CNN)US Defense Secretary James Mattis vowed "a massive military response" to any threat from North Korea against the United States or its allies in a statement outside the White House after a meeting with President Donald Trump, Vice President Mike Pence and top national security advisers Sunday.

Mattis said Trump wanted to be briefed on each of the "many military options" for dealing with the North Korean nuclear threat."Our commitment among the allies are ironclad," Mattis said. "Any threat to the United States or its territories, including Guam, or our allies will be met with a massive military response, a response both effective and overwhelming."
Mattis called on North Korean leader Kim Jong Un to "take heed" of the UN Security Council's unanimous position against North Korea's nuclear program and again stressed the US military's position."We are not looking to the total annihilation of a country, namely North Korea, but as I said, we have many options to do so," Mattis said.

http://www.cnn.com/2017/09/03/politics/t...l?adkey=bn