Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
You know what sucks about this whole Cousins thing
Blast me for starting a new thread, but I'm not interested in the vaccinate or not debate that is prevalent in the other Cousins' threads. I won't post there. 

What burns my ass is that this has become a HUGE distraction. All of the coverage, especially negative, is in his head now. If he were someone who I thought could use that energy to motivate himself to prove all of the detractors wrong, I could see a chance for some good to come out of all of this. 

But we all know, he is very weak mentally (see the records in big games). Everything has to be perfect for him to succeed. IMO, he will wilt under this pressure like he does under a heavy pass rush. We're F'ed with him under center this year. I'm pulling for Browning to be our starter. 

I had such high hopes for this year. 

Yeah I'm afraid we wont like that.
[Image: ?u=https%3A%2F%2Fmedia1.tenor.com%2Fimag...f=1&nofb=1]

It is what it is. I thought before this latest episode he could have done well with this roster. He is showing poor leadership. It sucks because the roster is very good.

Quote: @Vikergirl said:
It is what it is. I thought before this latest episode he could have done well with this roster. He is showing poor leadership. It sucks because the roster is very good.

Lot of young, OL, hope we can keep Hunter.  It would be good to see it come together sooner rather than later.

@SouthCarolinaViking - was thinking similar thoughts. I wondered what it will be like for the de facto leader of the team to follow different protocols than others. Or what are the effects of having a team split 65/35? 

We had a chance to tour the practice facility during a feedback session. They pointed out the 'cafeteria' and the many types of meals the players could have there. It was such an impressive set up. Now, I picture high school cafeteria 'You can't sit with us' types of interactions. 

I really hope I'm wrong and Kirk and the team can rise above it. I do respect that he stood today and took questions. But I don't have faith yet that with all of the rigors of the season, the team bond will hold tight and leaders will rise to the top with support.

[Image: E4Bdsd5VkAU5fWL?format=jpg&name=900x900]

Quote: @BigAl99 said:
@Vikergirl said:

Lot of young, OL, hope we can keep Hunter.  It would be good to see it come together sooner rather than later.
Idk if Hunter has gotten the vaccine or not but if he has, why would he resign here in the offseason after this bleepshow? Depending how the season goes we could all be overreacting, or this could have lasting effects beyond this year. Sigh

Quote: @pattersaur said:
@BigAl99 said:
@Vikergirl said:

Idk if Hunter has gotten the vaccine or not but if he has, why would he resign here in the offseason after this bleepshow? Depending how the season goes we could all be overreacting, or this could have lasting effects beyond this year. Sigh

Yup, what was crossing my mind.

Quote: @BigAl99 said:
@pattersaur said:
@BigAl99 said:
@Vikergirl said:

Yup, what was crossing my mind.
Alright, that's it. If we lose Danielle due to this crapshow I'm storming the castle.

Quote: @SouthCarolinaViking said:
Blast me for starting a new thread, but I'm not interested in the vaccinate or not debate that is prevalent in the other Cousins' threads. I won't post there. 

What burns my ass is that this has become a HUGE distraction. All of the coverage, especially negative, is in his head now. If he were someone who I thought could use that energy to motivate himself to prove all of the detractors wrong, I could see a chance for some good to come out of all of this. 

But we all know, he is very weak mentally (see the records in big games). Everything has to be perfect for him to succeed. IMO, he will wilt under this pressure like he does under a heavy pass rush. We're F'ed with him under center this year. I'm pulling for Browning to be our starter. 

I had such high hopes for this year. 
Ive gone from high hopes to proceed with caution...

the only thing damn near guaranteed is that this will not just impact the Vikings. 

I changed jobs a couple of months ago. Went back to what I was doing 15 years ago...programming lasers. I really love and missed it but the reason I bring it up is, it frees me up during work where I can listen to music or whatever while I'm working. I renewed my Bob and Tom subscription that I haven't had in 15 years (they're still funny AF, BTW).

For the 1st time, I tuned in to Paul Allen on KFAN at 10 am eastern a couple of weeks ago. I'm thinking "this will be cool when training camp and the season starts". Then I subscribed to the Star Tribune for the 1st time, so that I can read everything all season long. 

Last year was my first since 1997 that I didn't have Sunday Ticket. Went with Amazon Firestick and YouTube TV. I found most of the Viking games with an illegal hack on KODI, but a lot of the games had buffering problems that were a pain in the ass sometimes, but we still got to watch Viking games all year (what a suck year, BTW). 

I've been waiting on Amazon or ESPN to take over Sunday Ticket. Well, last weekend I get an alert asking if I want Sunday Ticket without having a dish. Hell Yeah!!! So I signed up to get Sunday Ticket on all four of my Firesticks. 

Told my wife last weekend, "I've got a really good feeling about this year. Not saying we're going to the Super Bowl, necessarily,  but it is an odd numbered year, and we are re-loaded. I'm tuned in to every game like never before. Fans back in the stadium, etc. Man!!! I'm ready for this football year!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks Captain Kirk.

Start Browning game one and let's see what happens.