Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Jake Romo/Kurt Browning?
https://thevikingage.com/2021/08/04/minn...-browning/

Would love to move on from Kooky Cousins. 

Reading up on Browning, I like his mentality.  The NFL is all about getting an opportunity and he is making the most of his right now.

It's encouraging to see his success this early but still very green in NFL experience.  Hope he gets a good chance to show his wares in the preseason games.

It's good to see that he is having this moment. It might not be his only shot. 

When I heard he was going to be the only QB available, I kind of expected a disaster.  His play has really been a silver lining in all this

He was a prolific college QB and leader. We'll see. Guys like Browning would benefit so much from a NFL Europe type situation, as would a select few others. If he could be backup material, fantastic. That's his ceiling I'm afraid however....he doesn't have an arm like Romo. And in typical Viking's bad luck tradition, Mond will be a COVID long hauler and be out of the NFL in 2 years. 

Stranger things...

[Image: fl8yom71tb6v.gif]

“I’ve learned he’s a good leader,” Zimmer said. "He’s a good competitor. I’ve seen him take charge out here in all the practices. Instead of sitting in the back and biding his time, he’s taking charge and throwing, understanding what’s going on, and I think the guys feel that.”
Mond tested positive for the virus, and Zimmer only shrugged his shoulders when asked Wednesday when the rookie might be back. Cousins and Stanley, who were deemed high-risk close contacts, were expected to return to practice on Thursday, Zimmer said.
Being the only vaccinated quarterback can only help Browning's cause to get the No. 2 spot, but handling his unexpected time this week in the spotlight well will go even further.
“Gary Kubiak used to say, ‘Nobody knows if you’re ready until you just get thrown in there,'” Browning said, adding: “That’s part of being a backup in this league. You’ve always got to be ready.”

Quote: @StickyBun said:
“I’ve learned he’s a good leader,” Zimmer said. "He’s a good competitor. I’ve seen him take charge out here in all the practices. Instead of sitting in the back and biding his time, he’s taking charge and throwing, understanding what’s going on, and I think the guys feel that.”
Mond tested positive for the virus, and Zimmer only shrugged his shoulders when asked Wednesday when the rookie might be back. Cousins and Stanley, who were deemed high-risk close contacts, were expected to return to practice on Thursday, Zimmer said.
Being the only vaccinated quarterback can only help Browning's cause to get the No. 2 spot, but handling his unexpected time this week in the spotlight well will go even further.
“Gary Kubiak used to say, ‘Nobody knows if you’re ready until you just get thrown in there,'” Browning said, adding: “That’s part of being a backup in this league. You’ve always got to be ready.”
Shades of Trent Green/Kurt Warner? I just don't see Zim crying in the presser.