Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
More details on Gladney provided in a civil suit
https://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/nf...437589001/

Here's the part that raises my eyebrows. So just last weekend, and four days before the grand jury hearing, Gladney shows up at victim's home and, according to the victim, "forces her, against her will, to delete threads of text messages and screenshots of text messages." So these texts, which we have to presume were important, are now gone (note: it does't say attempted). According to the victim, they were deleted by the victim herself, allegedly forced by the defendant. 
Why would these texts even be important? Wouldn't they already be archived somewhere in her attorney's office, or with the carrier? Yes, they would be, rendering what's on her phone irrelevant. Even more confusing, why would she not refuse and just call the police? Can you imagine, the defendant in an assault case showing up at the victim's home 4 days before the hearing trying to destroy evidence? Case over. Enjoy prison, Jeff. But it doesn't say anything about her calling the police. 

There's just some things about this case that aren't adding up. And now the civil suit? 

I saw that. Definitely a weird set of circumstances. Unfortunately, it's pretty easy to indict someone via grand jury as it's predominantly the prosecution that lays out the case with no rebuttal from the defense.

Don't know what happened. As fan, the luxury is I don't have to care if he's replaced. He is. From a personal perspective , I'll let the legal system work it out.

The fact his indictment hearing was the other day and he wasn't criminally charged... I *think* that means he probably won't be, unless new evidence comes to light. Which seems unlikely since the incident was months ago.
So that's why the civil suit has been filed. Much lower burden of proof. At this point is seems like he might avoid jail time, but probably will have to pay up. What the NFL will do regarding a suspension, who knows.

Quote: @pattersaur said:
The fact his indictment hearing was the other day and he wasn't criminally charged... I *think* that means he probably won't be, unless new evidence comes to light. Which seems unlikely since the incident was months ago.
So that's why the civil suit has been filed. Much lower burden of proof. At this point is seems like he might avoid jail time, but probably will have to pay up. What the NFL will do regarding a suspension, who knows.
Well, I think a decision on whether or not to indict isn't due to come until Tuesday, so I think it's still very possible he'll be indicted. But I sort of agree with you on the civil suit. That smacks a little of desperation. 

So much to the legal system and having the victim as a witness and "press charges".  A financial understanding will quickly make the victim unwilling to testify, or even testify on behalf of the defendant.  If Gladney's ability to earn is greatly diminished, then so is his ability to "pay" restitution.

Quote: @rf54 said:
So much to the legal system and having the victim as a witness and "press charges".  A financial understanding will quickly make the victim unwilling to testify, or even testify on behalf of the defendant.  If Gladney's ability to earn is greatly diminished, then so is his ability to "pay" restitution.
Yes, either he has incompetent counsel or he is not listening to his lawyer (or he has some provable facts in his back pocket).  You settle ASAP with a non-disclosure agreement whereby the ex does not testify in front of the grand jury.  They have had a lot of time to work this out.  I remember he tweeted at some point that the truth would come out -- hopefully has has something saved up to use in his defense.  Hopefully, he did none of the things alleged.

The  limits of predaraft interviews in 2020 somehow allowed for Gladney and his college behavior to slip through unnoticed

As far as domestic abuse goes,   it's hard for me to believe this is Gladneys first instance of bad behavior.

Quote: @Mattyman said:

The  limits of predaraft interviews in 2020 somehow allowed for Gladney and his college behavior to slip through unnoticed

As far as domestic abuse goes,   it's hard for me to believe this is Gladneys first instance of bad behavior.

Not really sure about that:
https://www.si.com/nfl/vikings/news/geog...ff-gladney

Quote: @El_Padre said:
@Mattyman said:

Not really sure about that:
https://www.si.com/nfl/vikings/news/geog...ff-gladney

The failed gamble on a potential turd is bad but reality is he was looking like yet another waste of a Viking 1st rounder anyway.