Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Oli Oli Oli Ooooooooooooo
#Vikings GM Rick Spielman on KFAN said Oli Udoh “has earned the opportunity” to be part of the RG competition with Wyatt Davis and Mason Cole

That's a good sign. Even though he might be best at tackle, which we've got pretty much covered, the fact that they want him to compete at RG probably means he's a "best five" candidate. 

His consideration means that Dozier and Samia are on the block.  Thank god

I don't know what we have from Mount Oli but I can't imagine it is any worse than the worst guard play I have seen since Tom Compton, I mean Mike Remmers, Alex Boone, or Charlie Johnson, 2010 Anthony Herrera.

Yikes . . .maybe we have been cursed at Guard since the Poison Pill

@MaroonBells I think it also points to a commitment to getting more size inside. 

Quote: @Skodin said:
His consideration means that Dozier and Samia are on the block.  Thank god

My thoughts as well. Hope you're right.

Quote: @"BarrNone55" said:
@MaroonBells I think it also points to a commitment to getting more size inside. 
His size and quickness is evident in those clips. 

Quote: @"BarrNone55" said:
#Vikings GM Rick Spielman on KFAN said Oli Udoh “has earned the opportunity” to be part of the RG competition with Wyatt Davis and Mason Cole
Curious what the actual quote was. If he specifically mentioned Davis and Cole, and not Dozier and Samia, that's telling. We'll see I guess. 

You can see Udoh's strength and quick feet. He's got excellent stopping power. Now remember he's going against Kalil Mack on most of that video and he destroys almost everyone. So when you see Udoh off balance, its mostly because Mack is incredible. But Udoh isn't getting dominated physically. Mack tries to throw him a few times and Udoh isn't moving....Mack seemed frustrated by it. I've seen Mack with one arm dominate some recent Viking O-line bums. 

Not sure if Udoh wins a starting OG job, but he's obviously progressed. He could be a pretty decent backup and that would be amazing compared from where he came.

David Dixon was a hell of mountain and RG. You never know