Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Watson reporting to camp

For someone with a questionable future, $50K per day fines probably hit a little differently than most. That adds up quick.

Quote: @Nichelle said:
For someone with a questionable future, $50K per day fines probably hit a little differently than most. That adds up quick.
That's exactly what I was thinking. He can't afford to stay away. The coverage is going to be something else though. I would not feel very good as a Texans fan.

Also by reporting he ensures he gets paid if he goes on the commissioner’s list…  Confused

This is going to be one strange situation for everyone involved. 

Expansion team caliber roster. First team to 0-17. It's going to be a complete shitshow.

Interested teams have done homework on Deshaun Watson’s legal situation. The NFL hasn’t placed him on the exempt list and the civil cases won’t go to trial this year. If a team gets comfortable with that piece, it’s a rare opportunity to acquire one of the NFL’s best young QBs.
Quote Tweet
[Image: bIxext45_mini.jpg]
Tom Pelissero
@TomPelissero
· 18m
The #Texans are now willing to listen — and have been for some time — to trade offers for star QB Deshaun Watson, multiple sources tell me and @RapSheet. But the price is high for a player of his caliber, and should be. It’d likely take at least three first-round picks and more.

Quote: @"BarrNone55" said:
Interested teams have done homework on Deshaun Watson’s legal situation. The NFL hasn’t placed him on the exempt list and the civil cases won’t go to trial this year. If a team gets comfortable with that piece, it’s a rare opportunity to acquire one of the NFL’s best young QBs.
Quote Tweet
[Image: bIxext45_mini.jpg]
Tom Pelissero
@TomPelissero
· 18m
The #Texans are now willing to listen — and have been for some time — to trade offers for star QB Deshaun Watson, multiple sources tell me and @RapSheet. But the price is high for a player of his caliber, and should be. It’d likely take at least three first-round picks and more.
So let me ask this: what NFL team is going to give up 3 number 1 draft picks for a kid that has some seriously weird and possibly deviant shit going on that could prove troublesome from a legal perspective? This is going to be the face of your franchise with the fanbase? He'll be at the absolute minimum divisive.  

https://twitter.com/ProFootballTalk/stat...7300466692

[Image: v7zgvIcC_bigger.jpeg]
For Deshaun Watson, the
@Texans price has been some combination of 5 high draft picks and starting caliber players, per two league executives.
[Image: A8uxi2Dr_bigger.jpg]
A huge price for any team to trade, but no two teams are better equipped to do so than the Eagles and Dolphins

Seems odd to me that the comp talk is the same as it was before his legal problems. I think it's manufactured.