Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Criticism of Erin Rodgers - oh my

Packers: Colin Cowherd and Ryen Russillo have valid criticism of Aaron Rodgers drama (msn.com)

"The whole Aaron Rodgers saga has been rather vague … You're playing the victim; convince me you're the victim. Just drafting Jordan Love and not getting a heads up is not enough. I need something more specific," Russillo said on The Herd with Colin Cowherd.

Cowherd views Brady as a team-first leader willing to do anything to win and Giannis as a humble superstar who gets things done the right way.
Aaron Rodgers? Not so much.
“All I think about this morning with Brady is team, family and fun and joyful. I think of Giannis as grateful, humble and family and friends.
“When I think of Aaron this morning, I think disengaged, a little manipulative, a little petty, a little vindictive.”    ( I wonder if his family would agreeSmile

That's what I like about Rodgers.  He may just screw the Packers out of pure, childish spite.  Good for you Aaron.  But the best part is the vagueness:
Packers: Aaron, why are you mad?  What did we do wrong and how can we fix it for you?
Rodgers: If you don't know; if you really have to ask; then we really have nothing left to discuss. 

Quote: @dadevike said:
That's what I like about Rodgers.  He may just screw the Packers out of pure, childish spite.  Good for you Aaron.  But the best part is the vagueness:
Packers: Aaron, why are you mad?  What did we do wrong and how can we fix it for you?
Rodgers: If you don't know; if you really have to ask; then we really have nothing left to discuss. 
I don't buy into the vagueness...At Rodgers' age, he had to know at one point the Packers would eventually draft another quarterback.  Christ, no big shock there.  When does the Owner, GM or head coach have to clear it with a player of who and when they decide to draft a player.  Last time  I checked the players work for the Owner, not the other way around.

^^^This......

If I actually cared

I think Erin is still mad at his parents that they didn't check with him about having more kids.  Even his older Brother!!!

Quote: @ArizonaViking said:
@dadevike said:
I don't buy into the vagueness...At Rodgers' age, he had to know at one point the Packers would eventually draft another quarterback.  Christ, no big shock there.  When does the Owner, GM or head coach have to clear it with a player of who and when they decide to draft a player.  Last time  I checked the players work for the Owner, not the other way around.

The Packers could tell Rodgers to go pound sand.  So why don't they?  Because he is their most valuable player.  That gives Rodgers some leverage.  A credible threat of retirement would give him more.  Are the Packers OK with losing Rodgers for nothing in order to send a message that no player calls the shots?

Quote: @dadevike said:
@ArizonaViking said:
@dadevike said:

The Packers could tell Rodgers to go pound sand.  So why don't they?  Because he is their most valuable player.  That gives Rodgers some leverage.  A credible threat of retirement would give him more.  Are the Packers OK with losing Rodgers for nothing in order to send a message that no player calls the shots?
Ownership should not be held hostage by one player on a team.  What message does that send to the other 52 players.  What presentence do you set and is viewed by the other 31 teams and all their players.  Football will always be played and the league will not go under just because Rodgers is butt hurt and is having a hissy  fit.  Every team have their divas and Green Bay like all the other teams will survive with or without Rodgers.

Like I have been saying for a long time - Rodgers is a passive-aggressive narcissist:

Aaron Rodgers is a Putz

PaulNoonan  1 hr ago
This brings us to Aaron Rodgers, who again, is a putz.
Aaron Rodgers did wear such a shirt in mid-June, and much of the Packers’ beat reported on it like Rob Demovsky of ESPN did:
[Image: AAMxNjM.img?h=344&w=799&m=6&q=60&o=f&l=f]© Provided by SB NationRob helpfully played the part of a character in the novel by entertaining the idea that Aaron Rodgers was so offended that he wore a shirt declaring that he was offended. It’s not entirely his fault, as it is the job of a journalist to lay out the facts rather than to psychoanalyze Aaron Rodgers, but even this line is a bit much. Rodgers wore the shirt to troll everyone, especially the front office, which would then receive questions about it. And most importantly, Rodgers wore it for attention.
The big lesson is to not judge people by what they say, but by what they do. Aaron’s shirt said he was offended, but the act of wearing it said more, just like this amazing quote:
Quote:“Sometimes the loudest person in the room is not the smartest person,” Rodgers said. “Sometimes the loudest person in the room is not the person who has all the facts on their side or the truth on their side. Sometimes there’s a lot of wisdom in silence. Sometimes there’s a lot of wisdom in being selective on what you say. This offseason I’ve spent a lot of time working on myself.”
There are ten different ways to read and interpret this. Is it ripping Mark Murphy or Brian Gutekunst? Maybe. Is it self-reflection? Probably not, but one could interpret it that way. Is it just a nonsensical platitude? Was he unable to remember the old axiom “‘Tis better to remain silent and appear a fool than to open one’s mouth and remove all doubt?” Quite possibly. What we know for sure though, is that it’s ambiguous enough for anyone to spin it however they want and for the media to ask any question they want to any member of the Packer organization. Like the shirt, it says nothing, but is annoying.
And Rodgers keeps doing this. You may get the sense that Rodgers wishes to remain in private with his fiancée and is bothered by all the questions. The quote above gives off such an impression without explicitly saying it. Rodgers is implying he would like to be silent. Sure, he’s saying he’d like to be silent while maybe suggesting that he deals with people less intelligent than him. But please respect his privacy. Tons of Rodgers non-answers over the past year convey the same message.
The fact is that Rodgers loves attention. He loves instagramming about his famous friends and significant other. He loves being on TV, hosting Jeopardy!, and golfing against other football players. We know this, because he keeps doing it over, and over, and over. Again, what he says is in direct opposition to what he does.
Finally, we know he craves attention and derives pleasure from annoying people because of what he doesn’t say. Rodgers could put all of this ambiguity about his future to rest with a few sentences. They don’t even have to be definitive sentences. “Yes, I’m playing with the Packers this year, and then we’ll take a look at my contract, and discuss the future.” That would be a totally fine thing to say. “I want to be traded, I’m not happy, and I’m not showing up.” Also, a fine thing to say, though obviously more controversial. Rodgers isn’t subject to some kind of “football player confidentiality.” He can put this to bed whenever he wants.
Instead, Rodgers just lets everyone continue to wonder, because Aaron likes people talking about Aaron, theorizing about Aaron, and feeling smarter than everyone because he knows something they don’t. Rodgers is the direct cause of all speculation about Rodgers, because he enjoys it and doesn’t care about the media, or about you, the fan.
It’s always worth keeping his favorite movie, The Princess Bride, in mind. The entire saga that has unfolded since draft night is just like the famous “game theory” scene between Cary Elwes and Wallace Shawn. In it, Elwes, as Wesley, knows that both cups have been poisoned and sits on his rock, mocking Shawn’s Vizzini while he attempts to suss out which he should drink. Rodgers’ statements this offseason are reminiscent of Wesley in this scene, who leans into every theory Vizzini has just to laugh at him under his mask and offers backhanded compliments about his “dizzying intellect,” secure in the knowledge that he has already won.
Rodgers doesn’t owe any of us anything, of course. He’s free to behave however he wants. But actual silence and actual privacy are options, and if he took them, it might be better for all involved. As it is, he continues to engage in trollish behavior because, well, he’s kind of a jerk. When Rodgers is eventually gone and playing for Gruden, Shanahan, or Fangio, I’ll miss his play at quarterback, but I won’t miss him, even a little.

The Mayo Clinic research group defines narcissistic personality disorder as “a mental disorder in which people have an inflated sense of their own importance and a deep need for admiration. Those with narcissistic personality disorder believe that they're superior to others and have little regard for other people's feelings. But behind this mask of ultra-confidence lies a fragile self-esteem, vulnerable to the slightest criticism.”
Passive-aggression can be defined as anger, hostility, and/or learned helplessness in disguise, expressed in covert ways to "even the score" and gain an underhanded advantage.
While many narcissists come across as openly grandiose and outwardly intrusive, some narcissists utilize passive-aggressive tactics as a primary way of fulfilling their selfish needs or to exact “punishment” on those who fail to cater to their whims.

Fuck Rodgers, Fuck the Pukers.  Don't care

Seems Rodger’s principles can be purchased for a mere 2yr $90m fully guaranteed deal, so go Packers…!  Wink B)  

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2021/07/25/how-much-money-does-aaron-rodgers-want-a-lot-of-it/