Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Race Relations in America
I remember having some spirited discussions with Mike Olson back in the Obama days regarding the significant decline in race relations due to the race baiter in chief.  Elected by a broad swath of the electorate, Obama had the opportunity to put issues of race in this Country clearly in the rear view mirror.  Instead, President Obama used race to consolidate his base.  Ask Obama why the Republicans weren't embracing some of his policies...the President would often use his race as an excuse.  He jumped in the middle of a number of local racial issues (Harvard professor, Mike Brown, Trayvon, etc...) often on the wrong side of the actual facts (here's a hint...Big Mike wasn't just minding his own business with his hands up asking the officer not to shoot).  

As many here know, I spent a lot of my adult life volunteering in the inner city...helping predominately POC with issues of substance abuse, homelessness, joblessness, violence, mental health. It was readily apparent on the frontlines that race relations were being set back significantly.  It was no longer a Black person's responsibility for their status in life through decisions on education, employment, crime, family...it was somebody else's.  Gallup produced a poll the other day that bears that out.

https://news.gallup.com/poll/352457/rati...w-low.aspx

The left has clearly embraced the divisive racial politics and in fact even accelerated them over the years with things like Black Lives Matter and the Defund the Police movement which have both been responsible for more Black deaths than any unjustified shootings by police.  Now we have Critical Race Theory and White privilege...again only reinforcing a divide in the races and relieving Blacks from taking individual responsibility.  We tell Blacks that police are their enemy...and they don't have to cooperate with police...which is the best way to ensure that police shootings continue to occur.  I saw this yesterday from Suburban Chicago.  A car clearly runs a stop sign...and the officer attempts to pull them over....it ends with an attempted murder charge for the drivers and passengers among others...for a traffic stop.  We've told people this is acceptable...it's not.

https://www.foxnews.com/us/aurora-police...affic-stop

I've heard recently that Republican backed voter integrity laws are taking us back to segregation days...because evidently Blacks are too lazy or too stupid to get an ID or know their social security number.... Yet, we're actually implementing truly segregationist policies...Black dormitories, Black autonomous zones.  Now...we want to make a large portion of DC a black autonomous zone?  That should help bridge the racial divide..smfh.  I'm guessing the non Blacks will have to find somewhere else to live....

https://thepostmillennial.com/former-dc-...aign=64469

The Gallup poll shows the racial divide continuing to grow as a direct result of racial identity politics.  Do people really not see how divisive these policies are?
I've helped literally 1000's of people in my life and am both proud and thankful.  Many still come to me for guidance.  It wasn't until the Obama years...that it became ok to call those that disagree with Democratic policies a "racist".  Before Obama, I had been individually or collectively referred to as a racist (or xenophobe) exactly zero times in my life.  Since Obama, it seemingly rolls trippingly off the tongues of the Left.  I saw it in a thread yesterday where a poster was calling Trump a xenophobe...because clearly there can be NO other reason to try to control the lawlessness, crime, drugs at the southern border or prohibit travel from terror sponsor countries or the epicenter of Covid other than racial animus. 

Identity politics serve nobody except the politicians that want to keep the Blacks on the Democratic plantation.   They certainly aren't improving the status of the Black population or serving the Country as a whole.  

i said the same,  I know some claim that the actions of the last 10 years are improving the situation,  but honestly.. i hear way way more race related anger post Obama than I did prior to his presidency and that includes pre Trump.   Obama lit this candle and now that its turned to shit for our country the blue tie brigade wants no part of it and thats why they try and hang it on Trump and the Republicans every chance they get.

I just can't fathom how many can't see this.   Segregating people again?  Make zero sense unless the goal is as you surmise, to keep that population subservient.

I’m over it. Call me a racist. Call everyone a racist. You’ll likley just get more people who act like racists. 

[Image: d3c1095386a7b3d9bff9991317e8bc42.jpg]

America is not systemically racist. 
— black scholar Shelby Steele

https://www.yahoo.com/entertainment/not-systemically-racist-society-shelby-193403002.html