Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Peterson with the Saints, now ready to "stick it" to the Vikings
Adrian Peterson with the Saints is new, strange and full of expectancyThe best running back in Vikings history has a date with his old team in Week 1

– Adrian Peterson was running a wheel route 30 yards downfield with two defenders blanketing him when Drew Brees launched the ball.
What the … ?
“Yeah, that’s not the first thing we think of when looking at Adrian’s skill set,” Saints coach Sean Payton joked after a practice with the Texans a week ago.
And yet Peterson went up, grabbed the ball and toppled into the end zone. Then he raced to the sideline and chest-bumped a teammate as a fan screamed, “I see you All-Day!”
“You can’t be one-dimensional when you’re in the game,” Payton said. “Adrian has shown some flexibility.”
Practice ends and Peterson smiles at a familiar visitor from a much cooler climate.
“And they say I can’t catch,” he says.
In Adrian Peterson’s mind, there’s always a disbeliever, a they that drives the former Vikings All-Pro running back and NFL MVP to keep bouncing back during a 32-year life that’s been littered with adversity as well as greatness.
http://www.startribune.com/adrian-peters...442561623/

So Peterson believes he will rise again, albeit in an unfamiliar complementary role, starting Sept. 11 at U.S. Bank Stadium against a Vikings team that was centered on him for 10 seasons.
“In my mind, we’re starting and ending the season in Minnesota,” said Peterson, referring to Super Bowl LII. “Of course I want to stick it to them. I want to stick it to everyone we play. But going back to Minnesota, playing the Vikings? Yeah, I want to stick it to them.”
But don’t confuse competitiveness with bitterness. Although Peterson paid homage to Vikings fans, he seemed almost giddy sitting there talking about his change of scenery. He also says he passed on the Patriots, Seahawks and three other unnamed teams so he could return to where he’s most comfortable: the deep South.
“There’s more love here, I guess, because it’s Louisiana and there’s a lot of Southern people,” said the native Texan. “New Orleans and the Saints have more of a family-type feel. It feels right.”

Teammates believe Peterson will thrive with fewer carries and less pressure to carry an offense in a passing league.
“We’re not all going to jump on his back like in Minnesota and see how far he can carry us,” Strief said.
“And,” Kuhn added, “I dare you to load the box to stop him. Do that, and Drew will exploit you with the pass.”
Peterson said his new offensive line will help him maximize the fewer carries he’ll probably get. During the offseason, he said the Vikings had an “average” line when he led the league in rushing in 2015.
Asked to compare that line to the one he has now, Peterson said, “I can’t compare the two. This is the No. 1 offense in the league. So there’s no comparison.”

The sight of Peterson in a Saints uniform is at its strangest when he’s in the team’s indoor facility working out in front of the giant banner celebrating the Super Bowl XLIV victory.
“I know, man,” Peterson said. “A couple times, I’ve looked up at that banner and think, ‘Man, we gave that NFC title game away.’ ”
The Saints reached the Super Bowl after beating the Vikings 31-28 in overtime. The Vikings turned the ball over five times. Peterson fumbled twice but did not lose the ball while rushing for 122 yards and three touchdowns.
“It still hurts,” he said.

He helped give the banner away with all his fumbles.

i like AP more.when he keeps his mouth shut

Quote: @Tom Moore said:

Man, I will just never understand this bizarre hatred of Adrian that so many around here seem to have. 

I don't hate Peterson at all. I appreciate his play and I am thankful for the memories. But he is not a Viking now and he is talking bad about the Vikings and Minnesota. So I recognize and acknowledge that but I don't care what he has to say now. I moved on. I am over it. 

the only running he does consistantly well is into the backs of his offensive linemen

Quote: @MaroonBells said:
@Tom Moore said:

Man, I will just never understand this bizarre hatred of Adrian that so many around here seem to have. 
Never hated him.  But, his fumbles were a big reason for that loss.  I just wish he'd take more accountability for his actions and performance

I got a shirt to welcome him back.

https://vikingteeshirts.com/