Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Let's hope not

Now we just need the plate to hit Cousins in the head so we have to start Jake Browning :p

Kinda agree with Zimmer on this one. 

Like this guy is a bad option?

[Image: 200.gif?cid=95b2794408bd8aab156264c965c4...0.gif&ct=g]

I can see us passing more this year, especially on 1st down, but with Dalvin Cook and a very good run blocking line and system, this will remain a run-first team. 

Quote: @MaroonBells said:
I can see us passing more this year, especially on 1st down, but with Dalvin Cook and a very good run blocking line and system, this will remain a run-first team. 
It needs to be a do whatever the defense is showing a weakness for.  To many times we got predictable and couldn't move the ball,  that happens to great OL,  when the stack the box throw them out of it.

Quote: @JimmyinSD said:
@MaroonBells said:
It needs to be a do whatever the defense is showing a weakness for.  To many times we got predictable and couldn't move the ball,  that happens to great OL,  when the stack the box throw them out of it.
Yes, but for too many, "predictable" simply means running the ball. If it goes for 1, it's predictable. If Dalvin busts it for 60, nobody talks about how predictable it was. Thing is, even those 1 yard gains are useful. 

Regardless of overall balance (or not) Cook had 312 carries in 2020. IMO this is too many. 

Only Henry had more with a 1970's Steelers like 378. 

Next tier of runners (after Cook and Henry) were in the 200's in carries. 

https://www.nfl.com/stats/player-stats/c...empts/DESC

I love Dalvin but they have to watch the wear and tear. They also need to make the offense less predictable. You gotta adjust to opponents too. Once again the OL is key. 

I'm hoping that the young Kubiak can stand up to Z, and unleash more of the offense.  We have the tools to prey on any defense's weaknesses, if we'll just show the will/flexibility.

Even Z must know that we can't default to run/grind all the time without being painfully predictable...and that he has a host of proven weapons in his passing offense to go with his beloved running game.