Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Vikings offseason losers
https://vikingsterritory.com/2021/genera...-offseason
Kristopher Knox of Bleacher Report detailed five winners and five losers for the offseason on Monday — now that the bulk offseason operations are in the rearview. For Knox, the Vikings made the “loser” list.
Why? Well, he believes the franchise will rue missing out on Justin Fields during the 2021 NFL Draft, a quarterback who landed with the rival Chicago Bears.
“The Jets landed their quarterback in April’s draft. So did the Chicago Bears, who traded up to No. 11 to take Ohio State’s Justin Fields. The Minnesota Vikings, however, missed out on the quarterback they wanted. The Vikings wanted Fields and lost him to a bitter division rival. […] Minnesota’s desire to nab Fields suggests their time with Kirk Cousins is running short. While the Vikings did take Texas A&M’s Kellen Mond in the third round, he was not the team’s first choice. Perhaps Mond will develop well and work out as Minnesota’s future starter. However, if Fields goes on to have a long and fruitful career with the Bears, the Vikings are going to wish they pulled the trigger on a trade.
MB: Anyone who even loosely follows the draft knows that the offer the Vikings made to move up in the 1st round was NOT a serious offer. It was lowball. Below lowball. I have a hunch that was intentional. 

I also think anyone who could possibly rank the Vikings offseason--one that saw the addition of Tomlinson, Richardson, Peterson, Breeland, Woods, Mack, Darrisaw, Davis and the redo of Hunter's deal--as one of the NFL's worst is probably an idiot. 

Quote: @MaroonBells said:
https://vikingsterritory.com/2021/genera...-offseason
Kristopher Knox of Bleacher Report detailed five winners and five losers for the offseason on Monday — now that the bulk offseason operations are in the rearview. For Knox, the Vikings made the “loser” list.
Why? Well, he believes the franchise will rue missing out on Justin Fields during the 2021 NFL Draft, a quarterback who landed with the rival Chicago Bears.
“The Jets landed their quarterback in April’s draft. So did the Chicago Bears, who traded up to No. 11 to take Ohio State’s Justin Fields. The Minnesota Vikings, however, missed out on the quarterback they wanted. The Vikings wanted Fields and lost him to a bitter division rival. […] Minnesota’s desire to nab Fields suggests their time with Kirk Cousins is running short. While the Vikings did take Texas A&M’s Kellen Mond in the third round, he was not the team’s first choice. Perhaps Mond will develop well and work out as Minnesota’s future starter. However, if Fields goes on to have a long and fruitful career with the Bears, the Vikings are going to wish they pulled the trigger on a trade.
MB: Anyone who even loosely follows the draft knows that the offer the Vikings made to move up in the 1st round was NOT a serious offer. It was lowball. Below lowball. I have a hunch that was intentional. 

I also think anyone who could possibly rank the Vikings offseason--one that saw the addition of Tomlinson, Richardson, Peterson, Breeland, Woods, Mack, Darrisaw, Davis and the redo of Hunter's deal--as one of the NFL's worst is probably an idiot. 

Idiot he definitely is, agreed MB.

Any quarterback the Vikings do or don't pick will get them labeled a loser period. The majority of the media views the Vikings as irrelevant. It really doesn't matter until they show differently. 

Idiot indeed! Time will tell. But considering where the Vikings were at the end of last season, this off season is one of the best ever. This bears fan better get on his knees and pray they didn't sign another QB bust. Because what they gave up for him is likely to cripple their defense in the next couple of years.
I was pleased the Vikings didn't sell the boat to get the motor.

I bet Trevor Lawrrence was on everybodies “list”. That doesnt make them losers for missing on him. 

Unless this Bleacher Report writer was in the Viking draft room he has no clue who the Vikings were targeting with a low ball offer to move up.  What a worthless piece of writing by this guy.

A little off subject, but I saw that NFL network dude who predicted the Vikings will win 4 games this year. Sure enough, he had two Bears hats on the bookshelf behind him. Lots of Bears fans and Vikings haters on the networks.
Only way to shut them up is to win. This would be a good season to do just that.

Even with a schedule that looks BRUTAL on paper, the question marks on all the new player pieces, how or when they will jell, there's NO WAY with a straight face you could rationalize the Vikings finishing with a lower record than 2020. 

All that said, this town would be going ape-shit if the Vikings landed Fields. I sure hope the Bears didnt finally find that franchise QB to go with them dogs on D. 

Someone saw the RG3 article and said "hold my beer".

Asinine article.

Fields was not an option, whether or not they tried to move up, Chicago was the more attractive offer.  Ridiculous to evaluate an off season on that.  Years from now, the factors that may become evaluators of this draft could be Mac Jones and Mond.  It is just mini camp, but Jones has been drawing high praise in NE.  Personally, I think the Vikes played the first 3 rounds perfectly, getting Darrisaw, Davis and Mond with the one draft pick could end up becoming one of the best moves ever by RS.