Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
A Day of Rage
This is incredibly good. A minute by minute account of what happened on January 6th with maps, illustrations and actual names to put with the angry faces. 

https://www.nytimes.com/video/us/politic...rters.html

The amount of anger, rage and zealotry continues to amaze me. These people are unhinged animals, deluded by propaganda. It's nuts.

Thanks for sharing that, really can’t respond without anger for those that enable and try to rationalize it being someone elses fault.

I'd like to see the details on security, who is was in charge, and who made the decisions relative to the calling for the national guard in advance.  I had read in the past that the guard was told to stand down and DHS seemed very slow to operate with supposedly prior notification of potential rioting/demonstration.  This riot could have been stopped in its tracks with proper security...  Course, never should have happened anyway but timely added security would have invaluable...  Wonder if Pelosi will investigate this aspect in "select" hearing.

Quote: @IDVikingfan said:
I'd like to see the details on security, who is was in charge, and who made the decisions relative to the calling for the national guard in advance.  I had read in the past that the guard was told to stand down and DHS seemed very slow to operate with supposedly prior notification of potential rioting/demonstration.  This riot could have been stopped in its tracks with proper security...  Course, never should have happened anyway but timely added security would have invaluable...  Wonder if Pelosi will investigate this aspect in "select" hearing.

Isn't that what we all want, why you think Republicans blocked us from finding out,  let's look into it like Benghazi.....

Did they?  Hadn't heard that...  I don't know who's hiding what.  Maybe Pelosi!

There have been hearings on capital security reforms but I don't know the results or any significant changes.  A flow chart for the Capital Police is shown in this article: https://republicans-cha.house.gov/media/...rms-during

Quote: @StickyBun said:
The amount of anger, rage and zealotry continues to amaze me. These people are unhinged animals, deluded by propaganda. It's nuts.
It's surreal. It's like you're watching something that happened a hundred years ago. You shake your head and wonder how people could behave like this. How could people be so enraged by something that was demonstrably false? And why do the CPAs and soccer moms not see all the white supremacists marching alongside and wonder...hey, am I on the right side of this thing? 

But it's real. It happened this year. And since all were led to DC by a lie, the lies continue. Why not? They've proven very effective. See man barricading door, then calling the insurrection a "normal tourist visit." 

Just curious.  How many of the protesters that breached the Capitol building during the Kavanaugh vote were arrested?  How many of those concerned citizens who were able to confront Senators did any jail time?  Asking for a friend...

Lots of January 6th protesters still in jail without bond.

Here's a few more video clips of the Capitol riot.  NYT should add to their montage....

https://kprcradio.iheart.com/featured/wa...r-capitol/

Here's my take....if a protester broke the law, they should be afforded due process, charged and sentenced after their day in court.  The same should be said for Antifa, BLM and the Kavanaugh protesters.