Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Everson Griffen “desperately wants to come back to the Minnesota Vikings.”

If we were to bring in a veteran DE, this makes the most sense...  I just don't see it happening.  If we did, we probably cut Weatherly and keep the young guys.

I don't know, I liked Griff as a former player but his best days are behind him. And he's volatile mentally. I don't see it happening. 

Quote: @"Wetlander" said:
If we were to bring in a veteran DE, this makes the most sense...  I just don't see it happening.  If we did, we probably cut Weatherly and keep the young guys.
My thinking as well. I'd rather have Griff than Weatherly, but not sure if that bridge has been burned to the point of no return.

One episode away from being a distraction. That being said, I'd take him over Weatherly. Slide him inside on passing downs. 

We'll probably never know if his tweets caused an irreparable rift...

My $ is on yes it did. 

He's probably not there yet, but I wonder if he would be open to returning as an assistant coach? The young DEs could learn a lot from EG.

If he's still out there in September, this might be one of those things we keep in our back pockets through training camp in case none of our young DEs step up and take the starting position. Even then, I doubt we sign Griffen unless one of them proves he's just not ever going to be an NFL player. And we're talking about a 3rd and two 4th-round draft choices either in their 1st or 2nd season, so that seems unlikely. 

IMO very unlikely Patterson sees a role for EG.

Quote: @"BarrNone55" said:
One episode away from being a distraction. That being said, I'd take him over Weatherly. Slide him inside on passing downs. 
and slide him to the sidelines on critical short yardage situations so he doesnt jump... again.  I loved Griff,  but between him seemingly always giving away free first downs to hard counts,  and his emotional/mental issues,  I will roll with the youngsters and build for the future.