Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Not thrilled that T Johnson made the roster
The Vikings decided to keep a guy that is seriously in decline.  He can come in on 3rd and long but he is a liability on the run and the pre-season showed he is not getting any better at it.

He's definitely on the decline side NFL age wise. But I still think he can be a valuable part of DL rotation. He's always been at his best with fewer rep's and situationally on 3rd downs. He's been getting too many reps the last 2 seasons. 

Problem is, he is listed at the starter at UT right now on the depth chart.  Oh boy, that has got to change soon.

Quote: @Ponifan said:
Problem is, he is listed at the starter at UT right now on the depth chart.  Oh boy, that has got to change soon.
Jaleel may be that guy, but don't know if he will supplant him as a starter this season. Stephen is rightly being moved back to Nose behind Linval. 

I can think of better options to be the pass rush UT(BRob) and the base UT(Jaleel or Stephen) but outside of them they are a little thin without Floyd.  I have to think Tom would be a roster casualty if Floyd were activated.

We need to get our Johnson's in order...  B)

The fact of the matter is that Datone Jones did NOTHING to beat out Tom Johnson for a roster spot.  Neither did Will Sutton.  I get it...  fans have their favorites, but the position was WIDE OPEN and neither took advantage.

Jaleel Johnson is the future and very likely the present given his play this preseason.  He'll see a healthy dose of snaps and should be the starter by the end of the season in my opinion.  Impressive kid.

Quote: @NodakViking said:
I can think of better options to be the pass rush UT(BRob) and the base UT(Jaleel or Stephen) but outside of them they are a little thin without Floyd.  I have to think Tom would be a roster casualty if Floyd were activated.

Could that be the reason they kept TJ?  Floyd is almost there?

Like him as a rotational piece, but...c'mon Jaleel! I think he's starting before not too long...