Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
US Bank: no masks, full capacity, no vaccine requirements
I'm no anti-masker. I'm pro-vaccine. But I'm all for this. Enough is enough. We have to move on and for those that are either compromised or still apprehensive, you're going to either have to limit certain situations that you put yourself in or deal with it mentally. 

https://twitter.com/sosarick/status/1405663282879504388

I'm not taking a stance on this but it really surprises me given how strict the State of Minnesota has been with COVID. That being said, looking forward to US Bank being LOUD AF this year

Well, I don't really "trust the people". I mean, have you seen the videos of the people who claim the vaccine has made them magnetic? And I do wish the percentage of vaccinated people was higher. But as long as the vaccines continue to remain effective against new variants, I'm in. Last year the last thing I wanted was to be in a building where everyone was screaming, masks or not.

I've started planning out the season and have already had one friend say they won't be attending any games as they live with someone who has a compromised immune system. She's fully vaccinated but doesn't want to take any risks that will endanger anyone else at all. I can respect that. Do what you feel is best for you.

As for me, I'm looking forward to being in a seat at the Bank. SKOL!

Quote: @"Nichelle" said:
Well, I don't really "trust the people". I mean, have you seen the videos of the people who claim the vaccine has made them magnetic? 
Yep, agreed. The 'trust the people' thing wasn't what I was referring to, just that US Bank is now going to be wide open. I'm glad you mentioned that part because I don't agree with that sentiment, lol. If you 'trust the people' too much, dumb shit happens. Its why government intervention sometimes is required and necessary. 

The honor system has no meaning because the anti-vaxxers were going to wear masks to protect themselves from vaccinated people. Ok whatever. I am looking forward to getting back to US Bank Stadium. You have to move forward and do what you can. 

Quote: @"StickyBun" said:
@"Nichelle" said:
Well, I don't really "trust the people". I mean, have you seen the videos of the people who claim the vaccine has made them magnetic? 
Yep, agreed. The 'trust the people' thing wasn't what I was referring to, just that US Bank is now going to be wide open. I'm glad you mentioned that part because I don't agree with that sentiment, lol. If you 'trust the people' too much, dumb shit happens. Its why government intervention sometimes is required and necessary. 
I don't trust most people either, but that didn't start when Covid hit.  As you stated in the OP, people can do what they feel comfortable with.  If they don't want to be around a bunch of screaming fanatics, then a stadium isn't the place for them.  There are more reasons than just covid that a place like that can be dangerous, alcohol being the chief reason.  But that is the beauty of freedom, we make choices and have to live with them.

Quote: @"Nichelle" said:
I mean, have you seen the videos of the people who claim the vaccine has made them magnetic? 
YEAH....They've got some BITCHIN' powers now !!!

[Image: NiftyGenerousGuillemot-max-1mb.gif]

I don’t think stereotyping a broad segment of the population
based on the caricatures of a few memes or headlines is progressing anything
forward.  If anything it just further increases tribalism.

We all should know by now that mainstream media and social
media tries to get your attention and outrage by showing the most extreme and
ridiculous things and pretending like they’re a frequent and persistent threat.

Quote: @"medaille" said:

[Image: tenor.gif]

Quote: @"medaille" said:

That's very fair and I agree. Though I will add that I did not use it to stereotype a broad segment of the population. But it was absolutely an example of why I do not "trust the people". There is a significant percentage of the population who have chosen not to vaccinate. (Note that the magnet lady and her friends were actually vaccinated) And as I stated, I wish the number vaccinated was higher as that does nothing to help stop the spread of the virus. But because I have chosen to get vaccinated, I feel comfortable entering the 'arena'. Everyone will have to make informed decisions on where they spend their time and worry about protecting themselves. Certainly, the person sitting shoulder to shoulder next to you and screaming SKOL in US Bank stadium isn't the one to trust to look out for you.