Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Vikings score at the thrift store
From what we're hearing from Peterson and Zimmer, Woods might be the biggest bargain of all....

https://twitter.com/WillRagatz/status/14...75873?s=20

If the team can stay healthy, could be fun.

Name a better off-season.

I'll wait.

Zimmer is pretty impressed with Woods so far...He and Smith could make a really good tandem.

I remember Woods saying he was going to be a sponge and soak up everything he could from Harrison. This is very cool.

Hoping we are more than renting a couple of these guys. Woods is 25 and Mac is 27. If they kick ass I hope we scrape the coins together to keep them here long-term.

Quote: @prairieghost said:
Hoping we are more than renting a couple of these guys. Woods is 25 and Mac is 27. If they kick ass I hope we scrape the coins together to keep them here long-term.
That's the beauty of the one-year deals. If they miss, you're not stuck with them. And if they hit, they will likely attribute much of that to the surround and want to stay. And you can extend them before they hit the market again. 

I really think P2 has a bounce back year. It happens so often where an aging vet gets a new scene, a prove it deal, and returns to form for another couple of seasons. 

Quote: @MaroonBells said:
From what we're hearing from Peterson and Zimmer, Woods might be the biggest bargain of all....

https://twitter.com/WillRagatz/status/14...75873?s=20
Compare that to the Bengals paying Trae Waynes $11M in cash this year and $15.8M against the cap.  Spielman killed it this offseason.

Quote: @MaroonBells said:
@prairieghost said:
That's the beauty of the one-year deals. If they miss, you're not stuck with them. And if they hit, they will likely attribute much of that to the surround and want to stay. And you can extend them before they hit the market again. 

I really think P2 has a bounce back year. It happens so often where an aging vet gets a new scene, a prove it deal, and returns to form for another couple of seasons. 
Especially since Mac and Richardson came back after a year or two away.  They came back to play for Zim, Dre and at a discount.  Tell me again why we should fire Zimmer?

Brez deserves a ton of Kudo's, but so does RS. 

Early on the whole off-season reminded me of when we were able to pilfer Phat Pat and Antoine Winfield in one fell swoop.

Who else was here early that morning, many moons ago when that plane was leaving NY State for MN???

I wont piss on anyones Cheerios this morning, there is legit reason to be happy and giddy. I hope all that potential gets realized. 

No pressure Zimsu...