Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Minnesota Moving Company

Should have drafted Ben Cleveland.

Ezra Cleveland needs to show that incremental 2nd year improvement. He's a big kid and with technique and another offseason of NFL strength conditioning, he needs to start playing like it. 6'6", 320 lbs. The only starter on this line playing under 320 lbs. should be Bradbury.

Quote: @"BarrNone55" said:
Just to hear PA call them the “steamers” on the goalline, would be reason enough.

Quote: @BigAl99 said:
@"BarrNone55" said:
Just to hear PA call them the “steamers” on the goalline, would be reason enough.
Exactly

And in spite of those PFF grades, KC has posted some awfully impressive stats.

They've thrown a TON of draft capital at OL since 18...Look at that vs DL and you'd say what alternative world is Zimmer living in?

Darrisaw is critical to this teams success. If WD pans-out too? We really just might have something. 

Quote: @StickyBun said:
Ezra Cleveland needs to show that incremental 2nd year improvement. He's a big kid and with technique and another offseason of NFL strength conditioning, he needs to start playing like it. 6'6", 320 lbs. The only starter on this line playing under 320 lbs. should be Bradbury.
Cleveland is the least of my concerns. In fact, I think we're about to see the best LG performance we've seen since Hutchinson.

It had to be a huge adjustment for Cleveland to go from LT to RG. The sets are different, the kind of pass rusher you face is different. Bigger, stronger, slower, but on you faster. I think he adjusts to all that in training camp and makes huge progress his 2nd year. 

Top of the "concern" list for me is Darrisaw holding down LT from day one. That may not happen as quickly and easily as we think. The man he's replacing was very solid there the last couple years. I don't think we can expect "solid" from Darrisaw right off the bat. Really happy if we can get it though. And really happy we still have Rashod Hill.

In fact, our depth across the board on the OL is just ridiculous. When Teddy was running for his life in 2015, the starters on that line weren't any better than the backups on this one. 

we do not need all pro, great, or even very good. 

We need good, above average consistently

That would be a huge jump from where this OL has been

Quote: @purplefaithful said:
And in spite of those PFF grades, KC has posted some awfully impressive stats.

They've thrown a TON of draft capital at OL since 18...Look at that vs DL and you'd say what alternative world is Zimmer living in?

Darrisaw is critical to this teams success. If WD pans-out too? We really just might have something. 
If I remember right, Cousins finished either 1st or 2nd in the NFL the last two seasons in passer rating from a clean pocket. You give this guy some time, he's going to be very very good.

Quote: @"BarrNone55" said:
You can have squirrel boy...  I wanted Quinn "Let the belly breathe" Meinerz.

[Image: v507b8ba2rw0.jpeg]