Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Wins for the season
I don't know if anyone has made any predictions but I am leaning between 9 and 8 or 10 and 7. 

So hard to say this year. If two rookies start on the O-line in Darrisaw and Davis, there will be moments where the team will suffer from their learning curves. Normal rookie stuff. But that doesn't mean the line won't be improved, either. 

Feeling good this morning, regular season 17- 0 then 3-0 in the playoffs.  I understand it’s optimistic, but it’s early and it’s easy, probably rethink it later, right now I’m good.

Quote: @"BigAl99" said:
Feeling good this morning, regular season 17- 0 then 3-0 in the playoffs.  I understand it’s optimistic, but it’s early and it’s easy, probably rethink it later, right now I’m good.
Fuck it, I'm in. Let's light this candle.

Vikings have built a Super Bowl roster. And I don't think they're done either. Right now, this is a 12 to 14 win team on paper. 

But here are a few reasons for concern: 

1. We're very likely going to have two rookies starting on our OL. They might eventually be great, but we can't expect that right away. Rookies are usually bad news early on. 

2. We're expecting young Kubiak to just start where his dad left off. MIght not be that simple. Does he have a feel for calling plays? 

3. I think Cousins is a top 7 or 8 QB in the NFL. When he's on there's few better. But he can be bad, too. Does bad Kirk make an appearance this year as Klint struggles to find a rhythm? 

And....Will the injured return as before (aka Barr).

The DL should be vastly improved, "should be"  Will those big DT's mesh? Play to their potential?  One of em hasn't played in 2 years or ever as a Viking. The other may not be that effective as a 3t in passing situations.

DH has questions marks too. 

So really both sides of the trenches are far from settled, flip side is the promise of upside. 

That's a brutal schedule on paper. Especially so for a team that couldn't even make an expanded playoff field.  

Over/under for me is 8 if I'm placing a bet in Vegas. The team we will field will look different for sure - but that raises questions + elevates hope. 

I think 10 is the ceiling after a swig of purple kool aid and  if all goes really well

12-5 if the D returns to it's top form (adds Kerrigan)
10-7 if both sides get their act together and play well, stay healthy

Either way, this team is at worst in the NFCCG

12-5/ 13-4 - On Paper.

the beatdown Zim took in 2020 will impel  him to make  changes.

Putting  700?lbs and 2 NT's  in front of Kendricks will  force teams to be 1 dimensional.

Ought to be interesting..

1976, 1987, 1998, 2009, 2020- didn't happen- Vikes are due.

\

10 - 11 wins. Maybe a playoff win. Very solid roster. When Zim and Kirk are needed the most they generally don't rise to the occasion. They will have an impressive win or two then $h!t the bed once or twice.

Quote: @"purplefaithful" said:
And....Will the injured return as before (aka Barr).

The DL should be vastly improved, "should be"  Will those big DT's mesh? Play to their potential?  One of em hasn't played in 2 years or ever as a Viking. The other may not be that effective as a 3t in passing situations.

DH has questions marks too. 

So really both sides of the trenches are far from settled, flip side is the promise of upside. 

That's a brutal schedule on paper. Especially so for a team that couldn't even make an expanded playoff field.  

Over/under for me is 8 if I'm placing a bet in Vegas. The team we will field will look different for sure - but that raises questions + elevates hope. 

I think 10 is the ceiling after a swig of purple kool aid and  if all goes really well
Dude, I HOPE you're joking.