Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
With restrictions lifting, I'm realizing something.
I hate wearing a mask, and yet I feel safer wearing a mask. Keep in mind I work part-time retail and meet a lot of people. 

I might be a bit nervous eating at a restaurant indoors, going to a movie without the face-cover. 

I cant see myself shaking hands any time soon. 

I might be a bit gun shy going into a stadium with 61,999 other people

I'm masking up through the Fall most likely. Too many simpletons out there who still believe this is a hoax.

Quote: @"BarrNone55" said:
I'm masking up through the Fall most likely. Too many simpletons out there who still believe this is a hoax.
Had a guy tell me yesterday its all bullshit. All I said was if you dont believe it, look at tge excess death. Dont even break it down by cause. 

Then I got up and left. No reason to continue the conversation. 

This is the first year I can remember in a long time without a cold or flu...(knocks wood)

Covid is real... no fucking doubting that by me or any reasonable person.   However the response has been over the top at times IMO to push an agenda.  I think if you feel the need to mask up then by all means do so... (nobody of matter will judge unless you are riding in a car alone with your mask on.... thats just silly)  if you own a business and feel its prudent to require mask.. then you are well within your rights to do so.

Ppfizzle,  if you are more comfortable with a mask, even when society says you dont need one,  then fucking wear one,  and if anybody mocks, ridicules, or give you that look then lets go apeshit on thier ass.  ( I will do it without a mask,  but I got your back brother.)

We, wife and I, are just starting to go out and do things.  Nurseries and hardware, still doing curbside for dining, but it’s a struggle.  Buying plants the other day, moderate crowd for Iowa, everyone inside had masks except for one couple.  Got back in the car and my wife said she is not quite ready, she had to really hold from getting all uptight and fleaing.  We love crowds, met her while working clubs in Mpls., slam dancing and pogoing the night away.

Going to take some time, but going to make it, heading to DC/ Baltimore in three weeks to see the new grandson, Barney, and Germany Sept./Oct..  The mask, handwashing and distancing protocols will stay in place, no colds or flu in over a year, for either of us and that is rare.

Quote: @BigAl99 said:
We, wife and I, are just starting to go out and do things.  Nurseries and hardware, still doing curbside for dining, but it’s a struggle.  Buying plants the other day, moderate crowd for Iowa, everyone inside had masks except for one couple.  Got back in the car and my wife said she is not quite ready, she had to really hold from getting all uptight and fleaing.  We love crowds, met her while working clubs in Mpls., slam dancing and pogoing the night away.

Going to take some time, but going to make it, heading to DC/ Baltimore in three weeks to see the new grandson, Barney, and Germany Sept./Oct..  The mask, handwashing and distancing protocols will stay in place, no colds or flu in over a year, for either of us and that is rare.
I thought Germany was closed?  My wife does a clinic there every July and the sponsors pulled the plug on it for ‘21. 

Good to hear if theyre letting you in!!

Quote: @AGRforever said:
@BigAl99 said:

I thought Germany was closed?  My wife does a clinic there every July and the sponsors pulled the plug on it for ‘21. 

Good to hear if theyre letting you in!!

Just anticipating, EU is taking it up Monday, Ursula wants Germany open for vaccinated tourists.  There is a loophole for residents and their spouses, my daughter and her German husband, have been able to go back and forth.  Also there have been special waivers for family emergencies, with testing and quarantine protocols.  Business conventions are not on the table, Hannover Messe has been canceled til 2022.

Quote: @AGRforever said:
@"BarrNone55" said:
Had a guy tell me yesterday its all bullshit. All I said was if you dont believe it, look at tge excess death. Dont even break it down by cause. 

Then I got up and left. No reason to continue the conversation. 
Well done. If someone still thinks its a hoax  then there is really no point trying to educate them

where I live most people just go about their business and haven't been wearing masks for quite some time.  Still some that wear them, but that is their issue, not mine.  Lots of business fully open without a hint of masks, others still have the sign and employees wearing them, but no hassle for those not wearing them.  

Hard to believe some places are still in full lockdown.