Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
In A Time Honored Tradition Like No Other, I Present For Your Consideration

Let the CB in Rd1 angst begin now I guess...

Well, with a couple one year deals, Hughes unlikely to have his 5th year option picked up, and Gladney likely to at least see a significant suspension, yeah, a CB tops the list as it stands right now.

QB — Spencer Rattler (RS sophomore, Oklahoma)
Rattler had to battle early adversity in 2020 with losses to Kansas State and Iowa State, but was nearly flawless over the Sooners’ eight final games — all wins. He finished with 28 touchdowns and seven interceptions and completed 67.5 percent of his passes for 3,031 yards and rushed for six touchdowns. But Rattler (6-1, 210) is more than just a stat compiler. He has pocket awareness, touch and arm strength. The ease with which Rattler throws and coach Lincoln Riley’s ability to shape NFL quarterbacks projects to a big jump this year and a possible top-five landing spot next year.

Other QBs of noteKeep Your Eyes On — North Carolina QB Sam Howell and USC QB Kedon Slovis
Howell completed 68.1 percent of his passes for 3,586 yards, 30 touchdowns and seven interceptions in 2020. Most impressively, Howell averaged 10.3 yards per attempt. Slovis has thrown for 47 touchdowns and 16 interceptions in two seasons and completed 69.9 percent of his passes for 5,423 yards. Both are juniors.
Under The Radar — UCF QB Dillon Gabriel and Western Michigan QB Kaleb Eleby
Gabriel completed 60 percent of his passes for 3,570 yards, 32 touchdowns and only four interceptions in 10 games for UCF in 2020. Now with former Auburn coach Gus Malzahn taking over at UCF, those numbers could soar. Eleby threw 18 touchdowns and two interceptions, completed 64.7 percent of his passes for 11.2 yards per attempt. Both are juniors.

Thinking that next year, we are looking at CBs, OLBs, and WRs. Not necessarily in that order.

Every year, a quarterback seems to materialize from thin air — or at least the bottom of draft boards — to become the player who breaks out and becomes a top-five pick. This year it was BYU’s Zach Wilson, who seemingly came from nowhere on the draft radar a year ago to go second overall in the 2021 NFL Draft. In 2020, it was Joe Burrow who went from supposed late-rounder to first overall.  The year before that, it was Oklahoma’s Kyler Murray who rocketed up to become the top overall pick.
In the weeks leading up to a draft that saw three quarterbacks taken with the first three picks and five go in the top 15, some NFL quarterback coaches lamented what appears to be underwhelming 2022 QB crop. But another potential breakout athlete is starting to generate some intrigue.
His name: Malik Willis, quarterback for Liberty, a transfer from Auburn.
The NFL evaluators who The Athletic spoke to that have seen a little of Willis have a word that’s been used to describe him: “freaky.” Last season, the 6-foot-1, 220-pound junior threw for 2,260 yards, completed 64 percent of his passes, had a 20-6 touchdown-interception ratio, rushed for 944 yards and ran in 14 touchdowns.
The college coaches who faced Willis in 2020 echo that.
“We were undefeated, we had beat BYU, I thought we were pretty good on defense. And I felt like he single-handedly beat us,” says Coastal Carolina defensive coordinator Chad Staggs. Willis threw for 220 yards and ran for four touchdowns in a 37-34 Liberty win against a defense that held Zach Wilson to 17 points. “We couldn’t tackle him. He’s got a cannon. From a true physical ability thing, he was special.
“I was watching pregame, and I’m like, ‘Holy crap!’ He’s throwing deep out to the field and stuff. I’m thinking, ‘Uh-oh!’ He throws an amazing tight spiral. I mean, it comes out of his hand and it pops.”

well i can tell you that is complete crap,  has the Vikings picking 17th... I see us around 25-32  ( it is kool aid season after all )

and it has the puke picking 31... we all know that shit aint happening.

Everyone stays healthy, 14-3.