Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
No kickers???!!!

So this draft is a bust....all those picks and we couldn't improve the one position that it seems costs us so many wins every season.... ok but srriously,   why can't we have a good kicker?  I am going to start calling it the curse of longwell since he was the last good one we had.

Just to make you feel better, 5th round TE Zach Davidson was a punter.  He moved to TE because "punters don't make the Hall of Fame."

Okay, I made up the quote but he did start college football as a punter.  From ESPN:

My take: Davidson might possess the most interesting story of any Vikings’ draft pick. Recruited exclusively as a punter, the Division II product didn’t become an NFL tight end prospect until late in his career. In a short period of time, Davidson developed into a down-field threat for the Mules and demonstrated his run-after-the-catch ability during a breakout campaign in 2019 where he recorded 894 receiving yards and 15 touchdowns. He’s not a polished blocker but gives the Vikings depth at tight end after Kyle Rudolph's departure left Irv Smith Jr., Tyler Conklin and Brandon Dillon at the position. It sounds like the Vikings got an intriguing, albeit raw athlete, in the fifth round.

Few of the best kickers in the NFL were drafted. But I probably would've taken a shot on one. 

Rick probably knows that the Vikings will be one of the most attractive destinations for FA and UDFA kicker prospects. 

So I missed the rest of the draft after our pick in the 6th....any good kickers left?

I remember sitting in the dome watching games and if it came down to a kick my heart rate rarely increased, now a days my heart starts jumping for extra points...this shit has to come to an end.

Darren Wolfson of KSTP is reporting that the Vikings will be signing Memphis kicker Riley Patterson to compete with Greg Joseph.

Good ball, Riley.