Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
4th Round Picks
To me, it seems the lack of scouting information this year is really illustrated with where we have players ranked on our board
vs. the so called "Draft Experts". All three of our 4th round picks were projected to go as 6th or 7th round picks. When we get
this deep in the draft, I really have no idea how good these guys will be but it is a bit concerning right now that we seem to be
skipping over higher rated talent for picks that may have been available later. Who knows, and I will hold my judgement until 
I see how these drafted players look on the field and in real game action. 

I am concerned that we have ignored the WR position so far in this draft and hope it gets addressed soon as there were good players
available when we went in different directions. 

I think Spielman got confused.  He's supposed to trade back for 7th round picks, not take 7th round players in the 4th.  Oopsie.

I definitely felt like he was treating the 4th round like the 6th or 7th round. Taking special teamers and project players, when arguably they could have taken guys who could have played bigger roles on the team this year. I feel like Darrisaw and Davis will have the chance to make big impacts this year, but after them the rest of the guys seem like depth or projects. Maybe someone like Jones or Surratt can earn a bigger role this year, but it would have been nice to see more immediate impact on defense.

I think TBro is right. The pandemic season, no combine, the fact that a large percentage of the players in the draft didn't even play last year, has screwed up consensus media rankings. Vikings are not the only team who appear to be taking reaches. I typically know the players through the 4th round and it seems like every other player this year is a "who" pick. 

Itll be interesting if this year is an anomoly in that we could have mire busts in tge 1-2 rounds and maybe extra booms in late rounds?

Spelly has already hit this draft out of the ballpark!!! 

Getting Darrisaw (one of my favorite targets) LT and then also taking care of Guard with a Guy who was projected in every mock and analyst to go no lower then mid 2nd.
I also liked Mond the best of the second tier right with trask.  Do not like Mills at all.  The rest of the picks I definetly have no clue about - like all my picks - but I didn't even know who Wonnum was last year.  Spelly is darn good at finding gems from the 4th round on.  Let's all remember that less then 10% of players past the 3rd round ever become every day starters.