Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Dear 8lb, 6oz Baby Jesus, Doesn't Even Know His Name Yet

if they want a first rounder straight up and he wants 20+ million (or more once the new money kicks in )  then  IMO we find our guy in the first and be happy with the cap space for the next few years.

if we could get him for the equivalent of a 2nd or 3rd in the 1st round swap that has been batted around it would make it a bit more palatable to have to fit that large contract under as it would leave room to add another cheaper talent in the first that would be able to replace a higher priced vet next year or possibly even this year.

Much more likely a 14 lb baby in this case. Just sayin...

Quote: @JimmyinSD said:
if they want a first rounder straight up and he wants 20+ million (or more once the new money kicks in )  then  IMO we find our guy in the first and be happy with the cap space for the next few years.

if we could get him for the equivalent of a 2nd or 3rd in the 1st round swap that has been batted around it would make it a bit more palatable to have to fit that large contract under as it would leave room to add another cheaper talent in the first that would be able to replace a higher priced vet next year or possibly even this year.
I believe the swap is the equivalent of a 2nd. Throw in one of our 17 4th rounders and call it a day. For that, and the $$$ it will cost, I happily make that move. A young, proven quantity on the last year of his rookie deal?

Good night, Edith.

At #27 you're in the sweet spot for DE3-5. Or S1. Or WR4-6.

I like to think of Jesus wearin’ a tuxedo T-shirt

[Image: wut0g96wq9n9.gif]

Quote: @"BarrNone55" said:
@JimmyinSD said:

I believe the swap is the equivalent of a 2nd. Throw in one of our 17 4th rounders and call it a day. For that, and the $$$ it will cost, I happily make that move. A young, proven quantity on the last year of his rookie deal?

Good night, Edith.

I mentioned it maybe a week or two back, but the bigger issue is the $$$ he wants on a new deal. You want to do the new deal at the time of the trade to avoid Brown having additional leverage. Once you make the trade and have given up the assets his price point will inherently raise. So I don't think the Vikings will end up making the move for two different reasons. 

1. They believe he can play LT but is he a $20M a year LT in the stretch-zone? Probably not. 
2. The cost of say a swap of 1sts + 3rd (likely more than a 4th) is more than the comp pick you'll get for playing him a season and letting him walk. Franchise tag is $16.5M or so for an OT so that isn't a viable option either. 

Quote: @"Geoff Nichols" said:
@"BarrNone55" said:
@JimmyinSD said:

Good night, Edith.

I mentioned it maybe a week or two back, but the bigger issue is the $$$ he wants on a new deal. You want to do the new deal at the time of the trade to avoid Brown having additional leverage. Once you make the trade and have given up the assets his price point will inherently raise. So I don't think the Vikings will end up making the move for two different reasons. 

1. They believe he can play LT but is he a $20M a year LT in the stretch-zone? Probably not. 
2. The cost of say a swap of 1sts + 3rd (likely more than a 4th) is more than the comp pick you'll get for playing him a season and letting him walk. Franchise tag is $16.5M or so for an OT so that isn't a viable option either. 
Makes sense especially with a pretty good crop of OTs in the draft. Would be nice if Sewell slipped some and they could jump up to get him.  I guess either way there are some good options.

Quote: @"Geoff Nichols" said:
@"BarrNone55" said:
@JimmyinSD said:

Good night, Edith.

With Cleveland in the line up, we ran a lot more power. Maybe adding another piece like Zeus we mix in even more. 

Quote: @"BarrNone55" said:
@"Geoff Nichols" said:
@"BarrNone55" said:
@JimmyinSD said:

Good night, Edith.

With Cleveland in the line up, we ran a lot more power. Maybe adding another piece like Zeus we mix in even more. 
Yeah, I don't think they'd necessarily say "we don't want him since he's not a scheme fit". Its more along the lines of he's not a $20M OT in a more power-man scheme why would we think he'd be that player in a zone scheme that will extrapolate his lack of athleticism a bit? The price doesn't match the player in this scheme.