Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Clowney A Brownie
Sorry, Supa

Browns signed DL Jadeveon Clowney, formerly of the Titans, to a one-year contract worth up to $10 million. Clowney will join his fourth team in four years after a 2020 season in which he didn't record a sack in eight games. He missed half the season with a knee injury -- a rarity for the usual-durable veteran. In Cleveland, Clowney, 28, stands to benefit from the attention opposing offenses will give to blocking Myles Garrett. The Browns in 2020 had the 12th lowest sack rate in the NFL, averaging 2.2 sacks per game (16th). 
RELATED:  Usually durable?

So four teams in four years.  Usually there's a reason for that, and usually it's not good.

#Browns new DE Jadeveon Clowney: 'I'm here to prove I can still dominate in this league. You'll see this year.' Says he can be #NFL Def POY, and heeded Malik Jackson's call to hop on board

Dominate?

I have as many double digit sack seasons. 

Quote: @"BarrNone55" said:
Sorry, Supa
That's all right...Jaelan Phillips at #14 will fill the bill Smile

Name a player whose garnered more clout and unwarranted paydays off a play in college that happend nearly a decade prior. If he was Joe Blow drafted in the 4th from Directional University he doesn't sniff the pay day or hype. At some point the hype over potential to dominate has to be replaced by "he hasn't dominated in nearly a decade " right?

[Image: 8Q6PELiv_bigger.jpg]
Clowney getting another 8 million of free cash continue to amaze me. Past performance predicts future achievement, and his lack of durability and health makes him a risk---credit to his agent and most of all the perception.
[Image: 623d604495829f21277d58a9b07fcf24_bigger.jpeg]
He's pretty much the defensive version of Sam Bradford