Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Vikings Undecided On Opting Out Of Preseason
https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/20...ssion=true

4 teams including the kneecap eaters have already declined.

[Image: MaAIgBaS_bigger.jpg]
The NFL has announced its offseason plans in a memo to teams, with four weeks of virtual work, one week of on-field teaching work beginning May 17, then four weeks of OTAs and minicamp – with only minicamps being mandatory:

[Image: 3c6jcxdbzk4r.jpeg]

Vikings players announced that "many" of them will not participate in voluntary in-person offseason workouts.Minnesota officially becomes the 20th team in the past week to have players release a statement through the NFLPA confirming that "most" in the organization will not participate in workouts due to the coronavirus pandemic. More teams are expected to follow suit with only a handful of players around the league showing up to facilities prior to the draft.

So I guess we can count the NFLPA and its members as not trusting the vaccine either.

Quote: @JimmyinSD said:
So I guess we can count the NFLPA and its members as not trusting the vaccine either.
Or maybe they have never liked the idea of voluntary workouts and Covid presents the perfect cover. In the immortal words of former Cowboys linebacker Darren Hambrick when asked 12 years ago why he did not report for voluntary workouts: "What do voluntary mean?" 

Quote: @JimmyinSD said:
Don't think it has much to do with the vaccine. 

Quote: @MaroonBells said:
@JimmyinSD said:
Don't think it has much to do with the vaccine. 
I know,  it was sarcasm.  The funny thing is most the players in the league have little to no job security and really need these workouts to sharpen their games,  its a pretty small % of players that you would say are locks,  but the union doesn't really care about all the players,   just the ones with the fattest contracts.

So I guess this means we will not see any NFL players in crowded bars or parties either  =)

You would think that the players on the bottom of the roster who are fighting for spots on the team, such as the players who were on the PS last year, would show up for the voluntary workouts....& if they show up, then you would think that the vets on the roster who are competing with those players for spots on the roster would also show up.