Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
OT: Wolves possible sale

WTF...

The Wolves have been the worst run franchise in pro sports. They'd make the Brownies look like the Patriots and it started with ownership. All you out of state Viking fans should rejoice Taylor didnt get the Vikings when he was bidding. 

I dont blame Taylor for wanting to disembark @ 79. Never did trust his judgment through. This deal literally came together in a week since they first spoke.

"Just in the last week or so did I make contact with these guys," Taylor said. "They had indicated they had some interest in being involved in the ownership. I had not known them personally, so contacted them, talked to them on the phone, did all that, really liked how it went."That speed of the agreement came as a surprise given the measured way in which Taylor approached the sale since last summer. At one point Taylor, who also owns the Star Tribune, had an exclusive negotiating window with former Grizzlies minority owner Daniel Straus that didn't materialize. One factor in the sides coming to an agreement was that Taylor said they agreed on "everything" when drawing up the documents.
"It went from nothing to signed within a week," Taylor said.
It also helped, Taylor said, that he clicked with Rodriguez's and Lore's vision for ownership of the franchises".
We look forward to entering this phase of the process with Glen Taylor," Rodriguez said in a statement to ESPN. "Our respect for him and the legacy he has built lays an amazing foundation for what is to come. We are excited by the prospect of getting to know the Timberwolves organization."

[Image: noNkSZrvaDrXaYcN_3yyC10eVSBlfCi8bAj9h9Wc...xWvYycCwYw]

Whats the odds this will turn the wolves into something worth watching?

Follow up, why is Taylor holding on for two years? 

Quote: @"AGRforever" said:
Whats the odds this will turn the wolves into something worth watching?

Follow up, why is Taylor holding on for two years? 
Because he's Taylor

1.5 billion reasons to sell---no reason to hamstring the team for 2 more years---yep sounds about right

Quote: @"purplefaithful" said:

We look forward to entering this phase of the process with Glen Taylor," Rodriguez said in a statement to ESPN. "Our respect for him and the legacy he has built lays an amazing foundation for what is to come. We are excited by the prospect of getting to know the Timberwolves organization."
[Image: noNkSZrvaDrXaYcN_3yyC10eVSBlfCi8bAj9h9Wc...xWvYycCwYw]
Amen to Judge Judy. The Wolves have had how many GMs and Coaches with the same terrible results? What has been the constant? Glen Taylor. He has not laid a solid foundation. However, Glen has a legacy - the laughingstock of the NBA. I wish Glen well on his retirement, but am glad we will have a change of leadership at the top. It can't be worse.

The rumors are flying fast over in in Washington that the 'Wolves will end up in Seattle, reviving the Supersonics.

Since I've been thinking it, I might as well say it. First, I agree that I don't think it can get much worse. Second, I'm glad to see more diversity added to the NBA ownership group. That's a very small, elite club and it will have a little Latin flavor. I love it.

The fan reaction appears to be a fear that he will move the Wolves to Seattle. I certainly hope not. I'm just happy to see some change coming. Now I don't count myself as a Wolves fan. But I would absolutely buy tickets to see some good pro basketball. I haven't been to a Wolves game in yearssssssssssss.

Quote: @"Zanary" said:
The rumors are flying fast over in in Washington that the 'Wolves will end up in Seattle, reviving the Supersonics.
Could very well happen but looking at the money, if they move they would no doubt have to pay an enormous relocation fee, plus close to $50 million to break the Target Center lease that runs until like 2034-2035.  If they stay in Minneapolis then they can recoup some of their investment by sharing in the expansion fee of a new team in Seattle.  Owners would have to approve a move and most of them would pocket more from an expansion than a relocation.  

In addition to breaking the lease of 50 million, there is a relocation fee of 50 million or more. Then they need a stadium (building and land) and a new lease. I guess if you want to start over, there are a lot of additional costs other than buying the team.