Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Don't Disrespect the Military

Just watched that, and just sickening.  Read the officers account's and why are they still employed.

Quote: @"BigAl99" said:
Just watched that, and just sickening.  Read the officers account's and why are they still employed.
From this article: Lawsuit claims Windsor police officers drew guns, pepper-sprayed uniformed Army officer during traffic stop (msn.com)

"The documents say the officers ended up letting Nazario go after threatening to charge him with obstructing justice, eluding police, and assaulting a law enforcement officer (with the intent of derailing Nazario's military career)."

The driver looked for a well-lit area to pull over and based on what we saw, I don't blame him AT ALL. And when he states that he is actually afraid to get out of the vehicle, the response is "You should be!". Crazy!

“youre about to ride the lightening”

I watched that and I was like what the actual fuck. He did nothing wrong. Reforms to screening officers are definitely needed. These officers behavior was reprehensible.

Quote: @"AGRforever" said:
“youre about to ride the lightening”
That was helpful, wasn't it?

Quote: @"Vikergirl" said:
I watched that and I was like what the actual fuck. He did nothing wrong. Reforms to screening officers are definitely needed. These officers behavior was reprehensible.
When the person who was pulled over is pleading for the officer to "relax" you know this situation was way out of control.

Correct me if I am wrong, but the only defendable issue was, he didn't stop till he was in a well lit area.  Why is qualified immunity and sustained funding for this even considered an American value.  Isn't there something that should be corrected, or should good Americans be satisfied with let's just wait and see, while offering thought and prayers, to a unique non-systemic problem like this to resolves itself.  Why the F didn't the NRA and gun fetish crowd rally to Philandro Castile and his second amendment rights, just a question.

From what I read in another article, one of the officers said that someone driving to a well lit area happens to him a lot and "80% of the time it's a minority". So, that shouldn't have been a surprise. Exiting vehicles with guns drawn?

Also, the reason for the original stop was a missing license plate. But when they stopped him, they would have seen the new car/dealer tag in the window, right? The entire situation should have stopped at that point.

I just can't see any justification.

Quote: @"Nichelle" said:
From what I read in another article, one of the officers said that someone driving to a well lit area happens to him a lot and "80% of the time it's a minority". So, that shouldn't have been a surprise. Exiting vehicles with guns drawn?
Hmmm. I wonder why? It's just sad...and pathetic...and infuriating. Every time I see something like this I can't help but wonder what happened before body cameras, before cell phones. 

Whats concerning is this didnt just happen recently,  this was back in December and the winston PD has no statement available?  Also where is the dash cam footage from the car that initiated the stop?  If he was charged with eluding that dash cam footage would either support or suppress that charge.

I can totally understand the desire to pull over in a well lit area,  but how he got there would be interesting to note.  Either way at least one of these officers should be looking for a new job based on what we have seen thus far.   The initial officer didn't seem to be as gung ho and over jacked.  I'm pretty sure most cops will pull their service weapon in approaching/stopping a vehicle at night with tinted windows,  no plates,   that had just drove for a mile, after they turned on their berries.  I know I have had a Minneapolis area cop do the same to me at night and I simply turned off the highway onto a side road at night.

Either way,  the pepper spray cop should be done and facing assault charges himself.  In today's climate he should be able to empathize with the situation and been proceeding in a much calmer way and should have been there as back up for the other officer and not yelling instructions that contradicted the other officers orders.

From the cops stand point,  tinted windows should be illegal,   that has to be some scary shit being a cop and having to approach a vehicle at night when you can't see into it to see how many people you are walking up to and what is going on in that vehicle.   It makes sense that this man wanted to get to a well lit area for his safety,   but that driving on could have also been giving his buddies time to get their guns ready to shoot the cop.

Thankfully it was just pepper spray and this young man will get his day in court.