Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Placeholder For QBs
  • In his latest mock draft, CBS Sports' Chris Trapasso projected the Chicago Bears to select Stanford QB Davis Mills with the No. 52 pick.That would be midway through the second round. Mills (6'4/212) is one of the more intriguing second-tier quarterback prospects in this draft class, with both ESPN's Mel Kiper Jr. and NFL.com's Daniel Jeremiah high on the Stanford signal-caller as a sleeper prospect. Pro Football Network's Tony Pauline is a little more cautious in his own assessment, noting that issues with decision-making cap his evaluation. Pauline stamps Mills with a Round 3 grade, but acknowledges that Round 2 is not out of the question. Mills is vying for draft positioning with Kellen Mond and Kyle Trask, the two other quarterbacks realistically in play to be drafted once the big boys have had their Day 1 moments in the spotlight.
    SOURCE: CBS SportsApr 7, 2021, 1:51 PM ET

Vikings have done poorly in drafting QB's and offensive linemen. Don't see them changing that... unfortunately. Speilmen and Zim won't waste draft capital on the future. They want to win now.

Quote: @"Still Hurtn" said:
Vikings have done poorly in drafting QB's and offensive linemen. Don't see them changing that... unfortunately. Speilmen and Zim won't waste draft capital on the future. They want to win now.
Haven't been good at drafting QB's (Teddy getting hurt was unfortunate), but they have been pretty good at bringing them in via trade or free agency

I agree with you that they're trying to win now, but ironically if they were to somehow find a franchise QB in this draft, I think that'd almost guarantee them both job safety for the foreseeable future. Spielman definitely.

Quote: @"Hawkvike25" said:
@"Still Hurtn" said:
Haven't been good at drafting QB's (Teddy getting hurt was unfortunate), but they have been pretty good at bringing them in via trade or free agency
2008 5th round John David Boots
2010 6th round Joe Webb
2011 1st round Ponder
2014 1st round Teddy
2020 7th round Stanley 
All QBs drafted since 2008. Since its a QB driven league I believe its worth taking a shot at a guy every so often in the 3-4th round. 

@"Hawkvike25" said:
@"Still Hurtn" said:
2008 5th round John David Boots
2010 6th round Joe Webb
2011 1st round Ponder
2014 1st round Teddy
2020 7th round Stanley 
All QBs drafted since 2008. Since its a QB driven league I believe its worth taking a shot at a guy every so often in the 3-4th round. 

I'm not disagreeing, just saying Cousins, Keenum, and Bradford until he got hurt have all been pretty good QB's for us. We have no backup as far as I'm concerned so I would like to see one drafted this year...just not in the first 3 rounds

[Image: efGrj44G_bigger.jpg]
IMO: Davis Mills is closer to Mac Jones than Mac Jones is to Justin Fields.
Quote Tweet
[Image: PtGuwzAJ_normal.jpg]
Charley Casserly
@CharleyCasserly
· 17h
I surveyed 23 teams on their ranking of the Top 5 QB’s in the @NFLDraft All 23 teams had Trevor Lawrence #1 & Zach Wilson #2 The remaining ranking was #3 Justin Fields, #4 Trey Lance #5 Mac Jones. Interestingly for 3rd place Fields had 13 votes, Lance 6, Jones 4 @nflnetwork

[Image: b5gkfv45ztif.png]

Davis Mills sounds like a serial killer name.