Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
DJ Mock 3.0
https://www.nfl.com/news/daniel-jeremiah...-mac-jones

Honestly, if Sewell slides to #9, we've got to be on the phone with Paton. 

Quote: @"BarrNone55" said:

I don't know, might be pricey. Vikes won't be the only team interested. Not having that 2nd rounder might be problematic in this kind of scenario.

But yeah, would love that guy in the Purple. 

I was going to play it out in my next mock but I think they would be one the phone before that. Even if they need to give up a future pick plus some ammunition this year, Sewell is worth it. Being able to fill a need today with a player with an insane upside is worth the risk even if it doesn't pan out. 

its so sad that we dont have that 2nd rounder... this years draft so so so much fits what this team needs it would be great to have the ammo to really set the team up with O and D line without having to sacrifice cap space or future drafts to do it.

Quote: @JimmyinSD said:
its so sad that we dont have that 2nd rounder... this years draft so so so much fits what this team needs it would be great to have the ammo to really set the team up with O and D line without having to sacrifice cap space or future drafts to do it.
Yeah, but Yannik was worth it. 

Quote: @JimmyinSD said:
We don't have a second currently.

@JimmyinSD said:
We don't have a second currently.
If we did then we could have had multiple amd really loaded up on the meat and potatoes of this draft.   Maybe not sewell,  but we could have really set the lines up for the next 5 to 10 years in this draft alone.  But Yannick was fun too.

Sewell is the only player in this draft I would move up for. And 9 is about the highest I'd go. But here's the deal: You have to weigh that cost against the cost of what it would take to trade for Orlando Brown Jr. 

Moving from 14 to 9 would cost us a 3rd and a 4th. Guessing a Junior trade would cost moving from 14 to 27, a 3rd and let's say a '22 2nd rounder. So, cheaper to get Sewell, but Junior offers something Sewell can't. Security. He's proven. 24 years old and already been to 2 Pro Bowls. And as good as Sewell is, he could always be a bust. It happens. Greg Robinson, Matt Kalil, Jason Smith. All went higher than Sewell will go. 

And when you consider our luck with drafting OL's, it might be time to pay up for the sure thing. Give me Brown and I'll use 27 on the best Edge. Offensive and defensive lines done. Boom. 

Quote: @MaroonBells said:
Sewell is the only player in this draft I would move up for. And 9 is about the highest I'd go. But here's the deal: You have to weigh that cost against the cost of what it would take to trade for Orlando Brown Jr. 

Moving from 14 to 9 would cost us a 3rd and a 4th. Guessing a Junior trade would cost moving from 14 to 27, a 3rd and let's say a '22 2nd rounder. So, cheaper to get Sewell, but Junior offers something Sewell can't. Security. He's proven. 24 years old and already been to 2 Pro Bowls. And as good as Sewell is, he could always be a bust. It happens. Greg Robinson, Matt Kalil, Jason Smith. All went higher than Sewell will go. 

And when you consider our luck with drafting OL's, it might be time to pay up for the sure thing. Give me Brown and I'll use 27 on the best Edge. Offensive and defensive lines done. Boom. 

All valid points on Sewell.  The converse of that is that you get 5 years of cheaper salary wit Sewell and that gets us most of the way through the Kirk Cousins era. 

Quote: @AGRforever said:
@MaroonBells said:

All valid points on Sewell.  The converse of that is that you get 5 years of cheaper salary wit Sewell and that gets us most of the way through the Kirk Cousins era. 
Yep. That is a big factor as well.