Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
T.J. Clemmings CUT...
StickyBun rejoices...  :-D
Chris Tomasson‏ @christomasson 15m15 minutes ago
Source confirms #Vikings will waive offensive lineman T.J. Clemmings barring some sort of last-minute trade.
12:35 PM - 1 Sep 2017          

Well, I wont take glee in a kid getting released, but hope its a sign the quality has improved for the position. 

Hey Wetlander, can we make this thread the official cut thread for the rest of the upcoming moves?

The system bot is posting others on the main...

Quote: @purplefaithful said:
Well, I wont take glee in a kid getting released, but hope its a sign the quality has improved for the position. 
Yep, wish he would have got it.  Always good to have talent on the roster, but at some point the head has to catch up to the talent.

While I always hope Vikings are the best players at any position, sometimes you get addition via subtraction.

Clemmings was in a tough situation, but he also failed to impress when his shot came around.  See ya, kid....

That sucks but I wish him well. Hope the OL improves.

the kid was a "suppose to be." He switched from a DT and asked to be an NFL OL without a chance to train, then moved all over the OL. The kid wasn't really given a chance. Look at Beavers, he is showing improvement, but he was cut and given his chance to just work and focus, now that is already showing. Had TJ been given a shot like that, maybe his talent could have caught up.

Quote: @Neptizzle said:
the kid was a "suppose to be." He switched from a DT and asked to be an NFL OL without a chance to train, then moved all over the OL. The kid wasn't really given a chance. Look at Beavers, he is showing improvement, but he was cut and given his chance to just work and focus, now that is already showing. Had TJ been given a shot like that, maybe his talent could have caught up.
TJ was simply cut as well.  So maybe now he can refocus. 

He was a project coming in, and the chaos on OL the last 2 seasons really hurt his development.  Seemed like a smart kid with some physical talent, just didn't get the time to perfect his skills.  Feel bad about this guy.