Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
OT: NCAA Men's Tournament
Anyone watching? That just might be the best college hoops game I've ever seen.

Gonzaga - UCLA!

That was absolutely unbelievable. Jalen Suggs from St. Paul helps with the win. 

Super crazy ending, we all jumped out of our seats and no one was a Zags fan....  Hahahahaa

Quote: @Wetlander said:
Super crazy ending, we all jumped out of our seats and no one was a Zags fan....  Hahahahaa
I'm a Michigan fan so had been feeling 'some kind of way' about UCLA since they knocked my team out.  But I didn't want either team to lose after that spectacular effort. Both teams left it all out there. And Jalen Suggs being from Minnesota was a bonus. Between him and Paige Bueckers playing for UConn, Minnesota basketball is represented well! If you don't know her, check her out.

Anyway, I had two friends both texting me like crazy... one a lifelong Zags fan who attended the same high school as Suggs and the other a life long Bruins fan. Their reactions through the whole game were crazy. I kept telling both of them to just breathe!

What a game!

Maybe coach Johnson can keep players like Suggs from leaving the state. The best of the best from here have gone to the elite Mens Hoops Schools elsewhere.

Hard to blame em I guess.

I dont know if UCLA could have/should have called a time-out? Probably not...that was damn near a 1/2 court shot by Suggs - and I dont recall many Bruins (if any) in his face when he tossed-up that prayer. That might have been a miss on their part, a costly one. 

One of the best NCAA tourney games ever. Final shot evoked memories of Laettner vs Kentucky which is arguably the most famous shot in tourney history.

Jalen Suggs' shot to beat UCLA among best buzzer-beaters in men's NCAA Tournament history
https://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/nc...082045002/

Quote: @purplefaithful said:
Jalen Suggs' shot to beat UCLA among best buzzer-beaters in men's NCAA Tournament history
All of those buzzer-beaters were so much fun to watch. *Love* March Madness!

crazy finish to a great allaround game by both teams