Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Sapp: Barmore not even 3rd round material
“I had a chance to get him on the football field and walk him through the five steps to the quarterback, and if they’re telling me that this is a first round guy then Aaron Donald really did get blocked 70 percent on the double teams,” Sapp said. “I just promise you this, if these eyes right here that you’re looking at are telling a lie about talent, then shoot me. I won’t talk anymore football. If this kid’s a first-round pick then I won’t talk football (on social media) for a full year. I won’t make a tweet or an Instagram post unless the kids’ playing sports. It’s nothing personal, but I’ll take off a whole year if Barmore is a first-round pick.”

Sapp discussed some of the details about what went wrong with Barmore’s session with the QB Killa.
“I got up at 5:30 a.m. and drove to Tampa to get there by 10:30 a.m.,” Sapp said. “I threw my hat and my lovely ROKA sunglasses . . . I’ve thrown my hat and my sunglasses, and at one point I’m sitting there like, ‘Do this,’ and he’s doing something else. To the point where another person said, ‘You’re not doing that,’ and he looked at both of us like, ‘What?’ So I tried it one more time, and then when he didn’t do it that time I picked up my glasses and my visor and I walked off. I didn’t say another word to anybody. I just left.”
Sapp believes that despite Barmore’s high ranking from draft analysts, they stand alone in that evaluation while those with the responsibility of actually making the draft picks likely view him much differently.
“I guarantee you they do,” Sapp said about draft analysts ranking Barmore higher than NFL front offices. “Because what you look at as a scout is the eye test on the tape. He was in the National Championship and I thought, ‘that the kid was a baller’ myself. I couldn’t wait to get up [to Tampa to work Barmore out.]”
And while Sapp argues that he wasn’t at the facility to coach Barmore up, but simply to help him round out parts of his game, the Hall of Famer wasn’t able to get through to the young defensive tackle despite his best efforts.
“I’m not coaching you up,” Sapp said of his time with Barmore. “I’m just watching what you’re doing to see if I can shave a little corner for you because I’ve watched the position. These eyes aren’t going to lie to me four feet down.”
Cook followed up Sapp’s statement with a question, does Barmore’s issue lie in the fact that he wasn’t willing to take his directions or that he couldn’t follow the directions? Sapp responded bluntly.
“Both,” Sapp said. “If I tell you to swing your left arm and you move your right, I’ve got a real issue – and that’s just one example. Trust me. For me to throw my visor and throw my $300 glasses, I’m telling you. I’m like, ‘Is there something wrong with me?'”
While Sapp has his opinions and is rarely shy to share them, he’s been wrong about prospects before.
“I don’t see it from this kid,” Sapp said about defensive end Myles Garrett years ago before his first overall selection in 2017. “I see the splash plays, everybody gets those. Where’s the game he took over? Where? Any defensive lineman who’s the No. 1 pick, you turn it up and you say, ‘There it is!’ This kid, no, I don’t. I’m a pretty plain and frank guy and I watch the tape and he disappears. I watch the tape and he absolutely disappears.”

https://www.pewterreport.com/warren-sapp...nfl-draft/

I can't wait to not hear from Sapp for a whole year. Anyone else looking forward to that? 

Jeez he buried the guy!

These comments have to be worth something since he worked out with Barmore firsthand it sounds like. Man he must’ve really not liked the kid to be going this far out of his way to run him under the bus. Interesting. 

Quote: @pattersaur said:
Jeez he buried the guy!

These comments have to be worth something since he worked out with Barmore firsthand it sounds like. Man he must’ve really not liked the kid to be going this far out of his way to run him under the bus. Interesting. 
Sapp's a hot head blow hard. I give zero shits what his evaluation is after one abbreviated workout session with Barmore.  Honestly when's the last time anybody's heard anything from Warren Sapp since he was fired as a talking head for bringing hookers into his hotel room? I'd give much more credence to what Nick Saban says or his position coaches at Alabama. 

Quote: @supafreak84 said:
@pattersaur said:
Jeez he buried the guy!

Sapp's a hot head blow hard. I give zero shits what his evaluation is after one abbreviated workout session with Barmore.  Honestly when's the last time anybody's heard anything from Warren Sapp since he was fired as a talking head for bringing hookers into his hotel room? I'd give much more credence to what Nick Saban says or his position coaches at Alabama. 
Of course to the bold, but I still wouldn’t completely dismiss Sapp. Might be a situation where other people are saying similar things, but Sapp is the only one who will let it rip to the media.

I trust the Vikings to do their homework. Only way MIN takes Barmore at this point would be if he dropped to the 3rd or later anyways. So in a way if you’re high on Barmore than it’d be a good thing if Sapp’s right. 

Quote: @pattersaur said:
@supafreak84 said:
@pattersaur said:
Jeez he buried the guy!

Of course to the bold, but I still wouldn’t completely dismiss Sapp. Might be a situation where other people are saying similar things, but Sapp is the only one who will let it rip to the media.

I trust the Vikings to do their homework. Only way MIN takes Barmore at this point would be if he dropped to the 3rd or later anyways. So in a way if you’re high on Barmore than it’d be a good thing if Sapp’s right. 
I like Barmore, but know that possibility became zero after we signed Tomlinson who I think will do a great job. I take this more as Sapp trying make himself relevant again with a splashy headline. So again, hoping someone takes Barmore in the first round so Sapp can go crawl back under the rock from which he came. 

I think many times ex-players get too caught up in the emotion of evaluations. If a kid is 'properly' respectful, etc. Yes, if Barmore is like that its a red flag. But I've heard some really dumb shit come out of Warren Sapp's mouth. And he's been painfully wrong before. Again, not saying he isn't spot on with his assessment, but just because he's being melodramatic about it (off social media for a year, blah blah blah) doesn't give it more validity. It could be very true that NFL GMs don't consider him a 1st round pick. We've seen the draft gurus wrong time and again about slotting guys. 

I guess I need a Sapp to English translator.

I have yet to hear Warren Sapp say something intelligent in my life. Next.

Maybe he's secretly trying to lower the kid's stock so he'll drop into the Bucs lap.